Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

IAD might squeeze out 3" with 1 already OTG. Best part is about to get going. Hoping the bands are kind to all with this next wave. 

that's what i'm banking on.  the moisture feed is there.  just not enough dynamics so far.  would be nice to get a 2 hour window of moderate which does still seem possible...maybe even likely.

After sporadic light flurries all morning finally had the snow break through about 45 ninutes ago. Now seeing legit light snow with occasional heavier bursts. Colder surfaces are snow covered and we are sitting at 29 degrees.

46 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’d say she’s having a good time 

0DDBBBC4-66AE-4117-B7AB-4FAF7C48E30B.jpeg

I see you put snow tires on her buggy. Sweet!!!

ps Glad to see you have a decent pic of her where she doesn't look like a little pink dot out in the far distance. :)

32 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Hmmmmmm...rain in Sby, sleet mixing in at Fredericksburg. ...the typical recipe for decent snow imby.

This is the first thought that popped into my mind when I started reading these reports. 

Morning everyone! Decided to go to sleep since it seemed like the onset was going to be later. Eyeballing the snow cover would lead me to believe we have 1" of snow here in McLean. Maybe a bit more. Roads aren't covered yet, but I think we may squeeze 2.5"-3" out of this depending on where the banding goes. Overall, a great start to the winter! If you told me on Wednesday that the models were gonna shift significantly and that we were gonna get 1-4" region-wide, I would be very surprised. 

2 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Hmm....didn't we think that the best time all along for accumulating snow would be between 10am-4pm today? Seems to be right on schedule? Really surprised so many people have called fail this morning. I guess that's part of the fun though, right? 

Bi-product of phase 2. The storm still has to go somewhere, and so despite it taking longer to materialize, we got the best snowfall at the expected time

Archived