Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Did you move to VT or something?  I saw you posting in the NE subforum occasionally.  

I bought a second place just south of Burlington. We’ll retire there one day and we go up around once per month. I figured I had to go above 45N to not be disappointed with the annual snowfall. A bad year there is 50” and a good year is 120”+. That said, while they’ve had a few dustings so far this year (and all the ponds are already frozen over), little old Clarksburg here at 39N will beat them to an inch on the year. Until they blow by next week....

This might be my only post in here today cause some of y'all are ridiculous.  I'm not spending my weekend babysitting people who freak out over snow.

right now I have flakes falling.  It's not sticking as temps are near 34/35

im gonna enjoy whatever falls. Period.

1 minute ago, das said:

I bought a second place just south of Burlington. We’ll retire there one day and we go up around once per month. I figured I had to go above 45N to not be disappointed with the annual snowfall. A bad year there is 50” and a good year is 120”+. That said, while they’ve had a few dustings so far this year (and all the ponds are already frozen over), little old Clarksburg here at 39N will beat them to an inch on the year. Until they blow by next week....

Ah ok.  

Guys I feel some of your pain. It was painful all day yesterday and early last evening. Heavy Virga it seemed like forever, while places just an hour or two south of me got raked. I will say the radar is blossoming nice so at the worst it’ll pivot up toward you all. At 1.5” thus far down in ROA with light to mod snow continuing. Hang in there! 

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

This might be my only post in here today cause some of y'all are ridiculous.  I'm not spending my weekend babysitting people who freak out over snow.

right now I have flakes falling.  It's not sticking as temps are near 34/35

im gonna enjoy whatever falls. Period.

<politically incorrect> that why you're in such a bad mood?<politically incorrect>

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Guys I feel some of your pain. It was painful all day yesterday and early last evening. Heavy Virga it seemed like forever, while places just an hour or two south of me got raked. I will say the radar is blossoming nice so at the worst it’ll pivot up toward you all. At 1.5” thus far down in ROA with light to mod snow continuing. Hang in there! 

And you only started snowing at 6am per Roanoke ob, so that's good news for us.

Archived