Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Even if we don't see the totals projected on yesterday's runs I still consider it a win if we get a couple of inches on the ground this early in the season. I guess it is all a matter of perspective though.

The way I see it .... 48 hrs ago we weren't in the game for other than a few flakes.  If the ground is white by day's end I'll claim victory ... with the assurance that at least it CAN snow.  Snow wasn't supposed to begin in central MD anywayz until after 1am today -- and we're used to delayed snow starts, or should be used to them with dry air seemingly always in place before onset.  So no complaints -- other than it hasn't started snowing yet.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Nothin falling here but it's plenty cold enough 30/26 ..just need 1 thing ............ moisture:lol:. Unfortunately Hrrr looks ugly up here ...1 more 20 mile shift and it's zippo....being on the nw edge there's  always that fear but yesterday's runs were very comforting.  I hope we all can salvage something . Tuesday and Friday systems actually  might put down more accumulation here then today ..lol

Yea we're in trouble up here. All guidance last night shifted east and now places the banding that was over us yesterday closer to 95. Current conditions support that too. They might be better off now. No one here was ever going to get into the deep moisture feed to the southeast. But 95 might be better positioned to get some of the banding we often see on the back edge. We look to be left with the fringe scraps now. I just pray we scrape our way to an inch. That would be enough for my son to be happy. He was so excited to use his new snow boots and sled. 

Archived