Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Nothing remotely moderate or heavy on the radar right now... looks like an expanding region of light flurries.

Right. And the heavier precip gets in by or around noon.

I missed one hell of a pity party in here. Those at the party, do yourselves a favor and delete your posts because you will look pretty silly shortly imho.

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I missed one hell of a pity party in here. Those at the party, do yourselves a favor and delete your posts because you will look pretty silly shortly imho.

Be careful, they might end up being right, lol.

Radar looked like it was in full bloom over here a little while ago, but again, everything just collapsed and all the good stuff is shunted SE. I think I might have to officially lower my expectations to light snow at times, maybe an inch.

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nothin falling here but it's plenty cold enough 30/26 ..just need 1 thing ............ moisture:lol:. Unfortunately Hrrr looks ugly up here ...1 more 20 mile shift and it's zippo....being on the nw edge there's  always that fear but yesterday's runs were very comforting.  I hope we all can salvage something . Tuesday and Friday systems actually  might put down more accumulation here then today ..lol

Must be channeling PSU because I never felt comfortable with my location for seeing snow even with yesterdays models showing otherwise. Overnight runs sort of confirmed that uneasy feeling. That said I would be surprised if I don't eek out at least an inch. Think those to the south into the cities will be fine, seeing at the least an inch or 2 inches if not more especially just N and W. 

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Happens every time. You can try to calm their fears but once mass panic sets in it is a lost cause.

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I sure hope so but I feel I'm safe for now lol. Pretty mild out, temp 37. Few slush flakes starting to fall. Oh well.. if I get an inch it will beat last winter. Congrats lower eastern shore. Looks like you guys had a beautiful night.

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I sure hope so but I feel I'm safe for now lol. Pretty mild out, temp 37. Few slush flakes starting to fall. Oh well.. if I get an inch it will beat last winter. Congrats lower eastern shore. Looks like you guys had a beautiful night.

Been texting my friend in sby and he sent me an updated pic. They're around 7" otg. 33 & drizzle now.

10 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Nothing remotely moderate or heavy on the radar right now... looks like an expanding region of light flurries.

It needs to kick in fast before everyone at my house wakes up.  I built this up quite a bit.  Oh don't worry it will be snowing when you wake up kids...says the weenie Dad...my wife looked at my face last night after the GFS and said let me guess with her sarcastic smile...she is no longer with us God rest her soul

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Happens every time. You can try to calm their fears but once mass panic sets in it is a lost cause.

13 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Hope your right.

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Radar looking pathetic.  Go time was supposed to be around now.  If we don’t see the radar improve rapidly this is going to be coating-inch deal in dc. 

I thought that was what it always was gonna be.

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It needs to kick in fast before everyone at my house wakes up.  I built this up quite a bit.  Oh don't worry it will be snowing when you wake up kids...says the weenie Dad...my wife looked at my face last night after the GFS and said let me guess with her sarcastic smile...she is no longer with us God rest her soul

You did what you had to do. Don't look back! Lol

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Been there, done that. Not the offing of the wife, but the declaring of eminent snow. 

Though I don't recommend it for a true picture of what to see falling I do think weenie radars give you a good idea of the moisture that is moving over head. Looking at accuweathers radar you can see there is a good influx occurring now and it is probably a matter of time before it starts reaching the ground after saturation occurs. 

Archived