Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

showmethesnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Relax.

It's still happening.

Yeah. Probably not going to see some of the higher totals that have been spit out the last 24 hrs, but it'll still be respectable. Mid level frontogenesis starting to get rolling over the area, so will continue to see blossoming precip shield overhead. Light snow at first, but some moderate bands will likely become embedded within the overall precip field. Wet Bulb temps still look solid for everyone west of Bay. Could still see 2-4" over areas just west of I-95. That area between Cambridge to Easton up to Denton and over into Southern DE looks like the sweet spot. Reports of 7" to the north of Millsboro in DE. Dad had 5.5" when he went to bed last night in Millville area just to the west of Bethany. Snow follows him around everywhere he goes lol

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

Whew, glad I did my homework! I will say this...it isn't very cold outside 

Wait till December.

Just now, SoCoWx said:

Was the R/S line moving so far northwest of Richmond also modeled all along? Went to bed with it still flurrying some and have woken up to drizzle with a stray snowflake, even though it’s 32 degrees.

You need rates to pick up.

10 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. Probably not going to see some of the higher totals that have been spit out the last 24 hrs, but it'll still be respectable. Mid level frontogenesis starting to get rolling over the area, so will continue to see blossoming precip shield overhead. Light snow at first, but some moderate bands will likely become embedded within the overall precip field. Wet Bulb temps still look solid for everyone west of Bay. Could still see 2-4" over areas just west of I-95. That area between Cambridge to Easton up to Denton and over into Southern DE looks like the sweet spot. Reports of 7" to the north of Millsboro in DE. Dad had 5.5" when he went to bed last night in Millville area just to the west of Bethany. Snow follows him around everywhere he goes lol

Sure looks like the lower shore is going to get most of the big action today too. Already can see a death band developing to my south headed towards southern DE.

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Sure looks like the lower shore is going to get most of the big action today too. Already can see a death band developing to my south headed towards southern DE.

Yeah. Just took a look at things over the area. That area to your southeast looks prime for some of the better stuff in the area. Might not see that 2-4" west of the Bay. Probably more like 1-3" with the timing of everything just now getting going. Best forcing looks to reside on the opposite shore for now, and have a hunch it might stay around there. Tough break, but that's how it goes around here sometimes. Could get better, but I'm thinking the low side of forecasts will verify better over my way. At least it's snowing. That's all I care about at this point. I have to sleep during the day anyways for my last overnight which happens to be a 12 hour shift. Those suckers are murder.

Like Mother, like daughter? Of course she hasn't had some years to learn how to hide her true weeniesm as you have.

Oh I’ve def trained her well. I also didn’t get up to confirm or deny her report. It might be snowing. Light returns overhead, but that dew point

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Hovering around 32 here. Noticeable breeze now coming from out of the NE vs calm winds just an hour ago. Am now seeing the occasional snowflake as well.

So precip is starting to get down to the surface in south central PA. I figured it might soon as the virga echos seemed to be getting stronger.

16 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. Just took a look at things over the area. That area to your southeast looks prime for some of the better stuff in the area. Might not see that 2-4" west of the Bay. Probably more like 1-3" with the timing of everything just now getting going. Best forcing looks to reside on the opposite shore for now, and have a hunch it might stay around there. Tough break, but that's how it goes around here sometimes. Could get better, but I'm thinking the low side of forecasts will verify better over my way. At least it's snowing. That's all I care about at this point. I have to sleep during the day anyways for my last overnight which happens to be a 12 hour shift. Those suckers are murder.

Appreciate those two synopses!

Archived