• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Carvers Gap

2017-2018 Winter Observations

6 hours ago, BlunderStorm said:

In total a little over 1/2". Maybe a little more possible over night.

IMG_20171212_170141.jpg

IMG_20171212_171128.jpg

IMG_20171212_173646.jpg

Nothing like some good harmless upslope powder to make it feel like winter outside.  

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

32 degrees and a light mix of sleet and freezing rain at the moment. Little unexpected.

Got a nice heavy rain from about 4am to 8am this morning.  Should mean rain for you guys in middle and east Tn at some point today.  Now that the rain has pushed through the temps are starting to rise ever so slightly.  I'm sitting at 39 degrees with winds at 5-10 out of the southeast.  We needed the rain we got bad!!

Getting a nice snow flurry here right now. Some nice nickel sized flakes. It's not sticking of course, but I can only remember maybe 1 or 2 other times it snowed of any kind on Christmas Eve, so this will definitely go down as a win in my book! Merry Christmas everyone. 

11 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

Getting a nice snow flurry here right now. Some nice nickel sized flakes. It's not sticking of course, but I can only remember maybe 1 or 2 other times it snowed of any kind on Christmas Eve, so this will definitely go down as a win in my book! Merry Christmas everyone. 

Same here.  It was blowing and snowing hard a few minutes ago.  I'm also in Morristown tonight at the in-laws house.

• Like 1

Light snow falling here in Kingsport.  

Just noticed that as well. I guess you were right. The Arctic front squeezed out “something”. 20 degrees here with a wind chill of 11 at what should be peak heating. This cold snap will be a doozy.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

Just noticed that as well. I guess you were right. The Arctic front squeezed out “something”. 20 degrees here with a wind chill of 11 at what should be peak heating. This cold snap will be a doozy.

Nothing big...but was nice to watch this afternoon.  I suspect there will be more of that.  Shew....is it cold!!!