• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Carvers Gap

2017-2018 Winter Observations

6 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Wonder how the folks in Birmingham are fairing?  Thought we had a poster from there last night.  If so...send us a report!

Girlfriend's undergrad advisor from when she was at Montevallo is saying 3". 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Do we have anyone in Athens, TN?  Looks to really be ripping it there right now according to radar!  CONGRATS DWAG!!!

Down around Anniston, Alabama too. 

Just now, John1122 said:

MRX is so often a day late and dollar short on their warning/advisory products. They didn't take this nearly seriously enough outside of their normal stance of saying snow will be limited to the mountains.

I don't understand them putting the high here at 37 degrees today with no publicly available model showing higher than about 34.  Still 32 at the moment, I guess we'll see.

Flurries to light snow showers now in downtown Kingsport with a nice shade of white obscuring Bays Mountain (meaning snow between me and it, not that there's snow on the ground). Welcome to winter!

Talked to a friend who's originally from TRI but now teaches school in Roswell, GA near Atlanta. He's still waiting for the school system to release. Said 2 neighboring counties have already done so. He expects traffic to be a mess when they finally dismiss for the day! 

Nice dusting outside. Snow still falling straight down. I'd say we're getting close to 1/4in right now on the grass. Definitely the tree limbs, as it's not falling off with no wind to speak of.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Great friend of mine lives in Jackson, Mississippi.  Woke up with 3-4" at his house.  Said 5" were likely on the car.

IMG_1467.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I needed that pick me up since I'm in the no snow zone here in west Tn.  

I know this probably doesn't belong in this thread but relates to our current storm, HRRR keeps showing a nice pulse up the great valley around 7PM tonight, looking at its snow total output looks like most of the HRRR snow totals show coming from that pulse this evening into early night.

• Like 1