Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017-2018 Winter Observations

Carvers Gap

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended at -2 this morning, I was also below 0 this day in 2014 and followed it up by being well below 0 again the next day in 2014. After that we warmed up and were having mid 60s and thunderstorms within a week but it got very cold again late month.

Currently 22 with a dp of -6. May make a run at below 0 again tonight if the flow doesn't turn sw before daybreak. 8 consecutive days below freezing.  14 days in a row with a high in the 30s or colder. 1/2 inch of snow to show for it. 

Dewpoints are noticeably lower this afternoon than at any time during this cold spell. Most places in middle and east TN have subzero dewpoints at 3PM this afternoon. Many are between -5 and -10! If winds go calm, the temp should definitely plummet after sunset. If clouds stay away and wind remains calm, tonight might be the coldest night of this entire arctic regime!

Warmed up overnight to 33 last night around 9 PM. Currently 35 degrees. Still managed to spend the equivalent of 9 days and about 2 hrs, at or below freezing. Was literally freezing since last year! Haha. An incredible stretch of cold weather in any given year, even the coldest ones. 

24 minutes ago, Wintersnow888 said:

Of all the posters here but have only posted one other time. ....Just still learning! 

Glad to have OBS from Cumberland County!  You should post more often.   Sadly down the mountain in the Valley from Cumberland county and I am still sitting at 42, and no precip.

Archived