• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

4 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Alright!! Knew it was only a matter of time for you. Its so close here i can smell it!

Down to 37 a few sleet pellets muxing in

I like your chances dude. 

• Like 1

I'm going to throw this out there.  DP cold in NC.  Don't worry about surface temps.  Evaportive  cooling.  Gonna be dicey around RDU. Wouldn't be too shocked if the RS line near 95 towards Benson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Y'all enjoy! That must mean upper levels are starting to be ok! Would love to see JC explaining his flurries theory, standing in 3-5"!

Greenville's warm air will stabilize while our house sits under the edge of a warm nose for 12 more hours. Maybe not, though. I hope I eat crow on this one 

3 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

Anyone have maps of what the warm nose is currently doing? Expanding, retreating, or parallel parking? Thanks

Here is latest 925mb analysis, looks like not much changed in upstate SC. Over at MBY in Tidewater seems like the 925 temps fell under 0c in the past hour or two.

925mb_sf.gif

Light rain here though the CC radar has pushed the mix/sleet/rain line to my south. 41/37.. My dewpoint has dropped 2 degree's over the last 45 minutes and a pretty solid NE breeze has picked up.. gusting to 12mph

2 minutes ago, NC_hailstorm said:

0 line on the 925 is through the I-40 corrider and closing on the I-85 one.Warm bubble in the upstate being stubborn though.

I think we're pretty much on schedule here.