Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told myself to wait till morning to measure alot of spots for a good median amount but the weenie in me went outside to measure the highest snow spot I could find lol (granted there has been very little wind). About 7.5" in the highest spot. Will take proper measurement in morning when snow is done. Snow starting to fall again, big flakes. It has been 32.2-32.4 for hours now.

I just went out to measure again since the last time I measured and cleaned off the board.  I've gotten another 1.5 inches since 5:00 PM, and it is snowing steadily right now.  That brings me to a 3.5 event total so far, with apparently more to come.  What stinks is being huddled up in bed with the flu at the same time we have such an awesome storm going on.

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I just went out to measure again since the last time I measured and cleaned off the board.  I've gotten another 1.5 inches since 5:00 PM, and it is snowing steadily right now.  That brings me to a 3.5 event total so far, with apparently more to come.  What stinks is being huddled up in bed with the flu at the same time we have such an awesome storm going on.

If HRRR  is correct about 7 more inches with the overnight band 

Right at freezing and 3-4 inches in the grass with less on sidewalks and roads.  As Hky_Wx stated, this stuff is really caked on the trees.  Had to clean off the satellite dish, and the snow was on there like day old grits.

Heading up 77 late afternoon, some of the worst roads were in the heavy sleet around Mooresville.

I'm in Kernersville, NC. A few decent sized branches have fallen from our weeping willow tree and all of the netting we have over our chicken run has ripped away from the coop and has fallen. We only have a little over 2 inches so I can only imagine the tree branches and power outages if we get heavy rates overnight.

3 minutes ago, Ernest T Bass said:

Right at freezing and 3-4 inches in the grass with less on sidewalks and roads.  As Hky_Wx stated, this stuff is really caked on the trees.  Had to clean off the satellite dish, and the snow was on there like day old grits.

Heading up 77 late afternoon, some of the worst roads were in the heavy sleet around Mooresville.

Good to hear from ya E.T.B.  Seems like we only hear from you during a good snow.  Here in Mooresville the sleet has put down a thin icy layer that can do a number on the roads that the wet snow can't.  Still in a sleet/half melted snow fall right now.  Only an inch or two of snowfall but it's a very compact, wet snow.

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived