• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

42 with a 26 dew point in ne ga. I am dubious to see warning criteria here after seeing the warm bubble in quite a few of the runs. Any flakes the first week of dec in ga is a win lol

pretty amazing temp response in south ms...temps went from 41....with a dewpoint of 40....just 3 hours  ago to 34 and snow now.

just goes to show...you don't necessarily have to have low surface dewpoints if conditions are right just off the surface. 

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=RHCM6&num=48&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

3 hours ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Winter Storm Warnings for extreme S Texas and S MS/ AL.

Amazing it's so much colder down there and we can't get temps to work here!

Some current temps for upstate:

47 Greenville

46 Anderson

45 Spartanburg

44 GSP

44 Easley

For comparison:

CLT 46

AVL 40

BOONE 33 (must be nice)

Update:

46 GVL

44 GSP

44 Anderson

43 Spartanburg

41 Easley

45 CLT

38 AVL

33 Boone

39.6 here

Probably come down to the 925 boundary if it can cool enough,most of NC is still running +3 at the moment.There is some really cold readings up in W.VA and WV running -6 and -7 with dewpoints in the teens and low 20's.

Snow has made it as far east as Meridian, Mississippi already so basically at the AL border.  Looks like it will change to snow in the Tuscaloosa/Bham area within the hour.

Like lookout stated above temps/dewpoints can fall rather quickly....

42 minutes ago, Lookout said:

pretty amazing temp response in south ms...temps went from 41....with a dewpoint of 40....just 3 hours  ago to 34 and snow now.

just goes to show...you don't necessarily have to have low surface dewpoints if conditions are right just off the surface. 

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/timeseries.php?sid=RHCM6&num=48&banner=gmap&raw=0&w=325

Exactly right.  If we were relying on the cold air we have this thing would be an all rain event.  The storm is bringing the cold air with it.

Mostly Cloudy here near RDU

43/36 currently

Looking forward to the wet drive to Statesville tonite then Biltmore Saturday in Asheville.  Hoping for an inch or so on the grounds of the estate

i'm still all rain in hoover (about 10 miles SSW of Birmingham).

We have some flakes mixing in at Ross Bridge

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Richatdjacks said:

We have some flakes mixing in at Ross Bridge

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hmmm. I'm actually over in Lake Cyrus and got just rain at the moment. When the heavier precip arrives I better see some snow. I really really really don't want to go to work... iin a few hours.... ugh.

Total mix here in Bham. Mostly graupel with about 20% snow. A little rain still in there. Temps are around 34 degrees. Very little accumulation so far, but it is sticking to elevated surfaces. 

15 minutes ago, qwertyu said:

Rain in Shelby NC 44°...  imby

Just to your west in Rutherford with drops of rain at 42. Good signs. Just need some additional moisture to bring the temp down. The moon is milking through the clouds also.

• Like 1

There’s probably someone who has waited their whole life to experience thunder snow in Corpus Christi that just achieved that very thing.

• Like 1