• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    scourt
    Newest Member
    scourt

December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Just went out and measured three places in yard, 7 inches in all three places, 31 and pouring big flakes, are we going to do better than 10 inches, wow.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fritschy said:

Just went out and measured three places in yard, 7 inches in all three places, 31 and pouring big flakes, are we going to do better than 10 inches, wow.

This event seems to be busting in a good way, lol.

• Like 1

This is great so many of us are seeing an early dec snowstorm lol. Just measured 2” imby. 31 and roads are now snow covered 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

In a matter of 30 minutes the transition was complete temps went from 34 to 32. Sticking everywhere!

20171208_130520.jpg

Nice.. feel like the upstate should change over.soon....it's close to athens..snowing just west and northwest of there.

29 minutes ago, J.C. said:

I'm watching the Atlanta news, looks like people are pissed, and I don't blame them.  Stupid mets calling for a dusting to an inch when all the models have said otherwise for days.

Lol...well to be fair i wouldnt say for days.. but the past 24 hours it was becoming obvious that at least west and north of town there was potential for more. 

But boy Glenn mother fn burns really made himself look like an ass  yesterday. He mocked people  talking about the potential for more and claimed it was fake news. I laughed till i had tears in my eyes. And he made it  sound like an absolute lock temps would stay well above freezing with no road problems.  Roads are a mess per the news now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wow said:

It's pretty much ripping out snow right now.  Car tops are white.  34.3 deg

Send some of that white love up this way.  Wait, that didn't...nevermind.

It was a harrowing drive picking up the kids from early release in North Forsyth County , GA.  Roads were already icy and untreated and there were wrecks everywhere.  Passed a bus that did a slow slide off to the side but was thankfully safe.  Someone took out a stop sign and mailbox in the neighborhood.  As soon as we got home there was already enough for sledding.

B9480AFC-4E6B-48F5-BB21-258B05311824.jpeg

Just now, WarmNose said:

For every 100 disappointing snow storms, we get one of these. This is incredible. Absolutely beautiful 

And GSP said flurries. Lol. 

Just now, lilj4425 said:

And GSP said flurries. Lol. 

I was so disappointed in January. It could stop snowing right now and I would be content. This is just great. Looks like we reeled her in you big blue turd you. Enjoy, my friend

2 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Nice.. feel like the upstate should change over.soon....it's close to athens..snowing just west and northwest of there.

Lol...well to be fair i wouldnt say for days.. but the past 24 hours it was becoming obvious that at least west and north of town there was potential for more. 

But boy Glenn mother fn burns really made himself look like an ass  yesterday. He mocked people  talking about the potential for more and claimed it was fake news. I laughed till i had tears in my eyes. And he made it  sound like an absolute lock temps would stay well above freezing with no road problems.  Roads are a mess per the news now. 

Spit my mountaon dew on the g burns comment...good stuff lookout!

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

They kicked a WSB reporter off school grounds in Cartersville too, people aren't having it.

8 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

I think we can safely throw out the RAP with regards to accumulations now. It thinks its still 40 degrees here. 

only the 3km nam really has gotten surface temps pretty close..especially where it's snowing. It was the only model really showing freezing temps this afternoon.