Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

I’m in Gray Court at work and it’s snowing pretty good here with big flakes. Not sticking though. The snow falling goes all the way back to Atlanta so we still have a little ways to go. Not sure why the radar image you posted has none west of Greenville when there clearly is. 

Crappy WRAL radar. They must still be salty about the way this storm panned out :lol:

1 minute ago, drfranklin said:

I have at 1+ inches - but I am south of DT Greenville - my temp has risen 1/2 degree in the last 90 min - not sure why - I expect most this snow to melt before sunset

I’m a little closer to DT and have about an inch. Maybe a hair more but the snow falling is not sticking to anything it looks like to me. 

1 hour ago, GAdawg said:

Hey Lookout....there is snow in Bogart it is a dusting but at least we got something.

I was hoping it would at least. Sucks major league balls athens got screwed again. I hope we can manage a legit cad event to make up for it. 

Snow finally ended here about 20 minutes ago...always depressing but a relief at the same time...I'm exhausted by the end of winter storms. 

49 minutes ago, NEGa said:

A little over 10”

How does this one  rank for you? 

7 minutes ago, Lookout said:

I was hoping it would at least. Sucks major league balls athens got screwed again. I hope we can manage a legit cad event to make up for it. 

Snow finally ended here about 20 minutes ago...always depressing but a relief at the same time...I'm exhausted by the end of winter storms. 

How does this one  rank for you? 

Ranks waaaay up there. 10-11” is the most I have seen since I moved here in one storm. Maybe even #1. This one was spectacular as way more than I ever expected and it’s so heavy and wet the trees etc are unbelievable. Plus it snowed during the day and for nearly 24 hours. Just stopped snowing and started about 830 yesterday. Massive over achiever here

obviously it didn’t stick at first so I don’t really know but I would not be surprised that at least 12” or more actually fell. 

Just now, NEGa said:

Ranks waaaay up there. 10-11” is the most I have seen since I moved here in one storm. Maybe even #1. This one was spectacular as way more than I ever expected and it’s so heavy and wet the trees etc are unbelievable. Plus it snowed during the day and for nearly 24 hours. Just stopped snowing and started about 830 yesterday. Massive over achiever here

Awesome....i figured it had to be close to number one. I was a little worried thanks to that leeside bubble but figured your extra elevation would help out.

It figures goes 16 is unavailable for the moment but here is a look at where it fell in ms and al

http://climate.cod.edu/hanis/satellite/1km/index-mobile.php?type=Alabama-vis-0-24&checked=Array&prodDim=&overDim=

light snow just started falling here. Honestly, this is what I expected prior to the storm starting and seeing all the epic snow falling in Georgia. Nice to see snow falling this early in the year. Not often us outside of the mountains get to see snow falling before Christmas. Time to listen to some Christmas music and appreciate the small things.

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived