Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Congrats to all you folks who scored.  What a treat to actually have one in the bank so early in the season!  Now you're playing with house money.

Thanks!  I hope Raleigh finally gets theirs this year, way overdo.  I'll never forget seeing the 2000 storm on the news.

Looks like it's about to end for me. Snow bands are getting lighter. HRRR did model this though. Probably light snow/snowshowers through 9:30. These morning snow literally saved this storm for me. Probably somewhere between 1-1.5 inches on elevated surfaces. Nowhere near as much as those to my NW, but hey, at least I got accumulating snow.

Congrats for the Ga and SC folks getting an early Christmas.  Cool to see Atlanta with snow before the mid-Atlantic and NE seaboard. :D

For the NC folks, big congrats on a nice score!  Looks like many places in the mtns got plain hammered.  

Great pics everyone! 

its been a while since we saw daytime snow around here. I saw it yesterday and I got to see it today. Not much on the ground but I didn't expect there to be. Letting my 6 month old son watch his first snow. Pretty awesome 

Pretty cool daytime snow for your son to enjoy!

I'm just happy to see it snow like this in the Upstate even if it doesn't build up. Very beautiful and therapeutic.

Congrats to the GA guys, y'all deserved it. Hopefully people in Eastern SC and NC can see some of this in the next couple months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

This is the last hoorah. Doesn't even look like areas 15 miles south of me ever changed over to snow. Even with this backend moisture. Relentless warm nose, but isn't it always

image.png

I’m in Gray Court at work and it’s snowing pretty good here with big flakes. Not sticking though. The snow falling goes all the way back to Atlanta so we still have a little ways to go. Not sure why the radar image you posted has none west of Greenville when there clearly is. 

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived