Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It’s a tough call.  After 03-04Z it’s all snow for sure but prior to that it could waffle.  I’m having a tough time forecasting it.  I do think the band that almost all models show rotating through 04-12Z may have surprise amounts with it though 

I definitely don't envy anyone who has to make money forecasting a rn/sn line down here. Good luck and thanks for dropping in!

13 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Glenn Burns just said this is the most significant snow storm he has ever seen in North Georgia....

pretty incredible considering his attitude yesterday toward people talking about "fake news...and fake forecasts". Glenn mother fn burns man. 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I see ATL is raining again now.  Its probably a product of being in the dry slot as well still to a minor extent just SE of the heavier band

Why are the 850mb temps struggling to crash? I haven't seen any changeover to snow outside of a 10 minute heavy snow burst a little after noon. The 850mb temps are literally killing my area pretty much every storm....so frustrating.

2 minutes ago, LovingGulfLows said:

Why are the 850mb temps struggling to crash? I haven't seen any changeover to snow outside of a 10 minute heavy snow burst a little after noon. The 850mb temps are literally killing my area pretty much every storm....so frustrating.

The storms pump warm air from the gulf up into us.  It’s always a fine line. 

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived