Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, southernskimmer said:

Fatties coming down moderately in Monroe, NC. at 35 deg. Temp literally dropped an instant 6 degrees at onset. 

Perfect.  I’m leaving Charlotte headed to Stallings and was worried it’d be all rain there. 

Weather station at house says 35.  Been plummeting quickly.  

At least I get to watch it snow while stuck in traffic on 77. 

C8F7A678-C442-4380-AEA3-5D641200214E.jpeg

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Think positive! Overperformer already, sleet mix will help with better snowpack! I think it's also rate-driven. When it gets lighter it rains and sleetsleets

The sleet backed off. Nothing but fatties again. I feel like we're right on the battle line, which means we're in the money zone!

Happy for all of the more Southern members who are getting something good out of this. I know it feels good and exciting. I grew up in the mountains of VA and then lived in Boston for almost 8 years. I love the snow and miss it. There is nothing better.

I am in RTP (in Pittsboro specifically). Flakes falling but not much sticking. I am a little bummed that I am on the outskirts of anything nice, but am ecstatic that those in the deeper south are hitting payday.

Solid 5" in the grassy areas where the kids haven't been and it's still snowing lightly.  Traffic wasn't horrible coming from Atlanta.  Sleet mixed in until about kennesaw.  I hope the HRRR is right bout the rest of it.   I want an 80s style thump.

Edit: we do have a little sleet.

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived