Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

They didn't even treat roads down my way. DOT is going to get an earful when people wake up with 3-4 inches where they were saying "may see some flakes mix with rain" but in all fairness, this thing was impossible to predict until you saw how things were unfolding down in Mississippi 

Accumulating all the way down to Furman already. Traffic is a mess. 

Sitting at the mall in winston and nothing is sticking....yet.  i see where this is headed.  Snowmageddon during friday rush hour.  As soon as the sun angle drops, about 4:30, everything will start freezing over.  Tonight is gonna be a disaster as the roads have no brine, no salt, no nothing.  

On a cool note, how often do you get to drive 70mph down I40 in a heavy snow!  What a bitchin cool effect that was!

6 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Local station here is saying it's taking people an hour to go ONE mile in some parts. Damn.

Wow, glad that’s not me lol. Roads are completely covered now. Rain at wake up time to 2.5”now. It’s gorgeous thought - it’s covering everything 

17 minutes ago, Cheeznado said:

Had some awesome heavy snow for about 2 hours, approx 1.5" But now its back to rain and sleet, pisses me off.

Yeah. I think it about lines up with what the HRRR was showing for the inner Metro though. We should be due for another inch or so on the back side tonight?

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived