Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

1 minute ago, J.C. said:

I'm watching the Atlanta news, looks like people are pissed, and I don't blame them.  Stupid mets calling for a dusting to an inch when all the models have said otherwise for days.

The thing is, up until yesterday, the assumption was that the worst of the snow would be on the Southside. That obviously didn't happen.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, No snow for you said:

I just spoke to a friend there and they say it will be snowmageddon part 2 bc everyone is leaving work at the same time as schools are getting out. It will be ugly

The saving grace is that it appears a lull is moving in, which will give the roads some time to clear up a bit. 

Seem to be going back to a snow/sleet/rain mix in Dunwoody. I can hear the pellets. 

The big difference between today and Snowmageddon is that event was a quick drop into the upper-20s after precip had started. We'll be hanging around the freezing line until overnight tonight.

6 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

I just spoke to a friend there and they say it will be snowmageddon part 2 bc everyone is leaving work at the same time as schools are getting out. It will be ugly

I’m betting many more people took off today than did that day.  Also I see roads are wet on traffic cameras 

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived