Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Poimen said:

Rates have picked up in the last 15 minutes, let's see we can start seeing some accumulations. 

Steady Light Snow at my office now in Kernersville.  I do believe at the end of this one we're going to be asking how much we could have had if we had just a little lower temps, but the snow sure beats the heck out of cold rain. 

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I'll be home in 4 hours , keep up the mojo! What's the latest RAP' and hrrrrs showing

Idk but definitely a r/s mix right now. Hopefully the surface is starting to cool and this just isn't a result of the rates. More snow than rain right now!

Huge flakes - 34F

Near term /through tonight/... 
as of 1235 PM Friday... 

..a Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the northwest and 
northern Piedmont including The Triad area for 1 to possibly 2 
inches of wet snow. A warning may be needed for portions of the 
northwest Piedmont and the advisory may need to be extended 
eastward with the afternoon forecast package... 

2 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Well I saw snow so that counts for something. Congrats y'all but the warm nose is going to kill the upstate I fear. 

But it's 1:00 and flakes are already mixing in the southern part of Greenville county. We're ahead of schedule the way I see it. Tonight should be great. I'm hopeful. Way ahead of schedule compared to the January event 

1 minute ago, J.C. said:

I'm watching the Atlanta news, looks like people are pissed, and I don't blame them.  Stupid mets calling for a dusting to an inch when all the models have said otherwise for days.

I just spoke to a friend there and they say it will be snowmageddon part 2 bc everyone is leaving work at the same time as schools are getting out. It will be ugly

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived