Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-9 Holiday snow event Observations

Wow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

Remember when you were concerned you'd miss out?! You're gonna clean up!

I know right lol. I was afraid of lookouts infamous ne ga/upstate warm bubble. Radar looks great. Heavier echos are not too far away and hopefully move right over lol

MBY in Winston, GA (just west of Douglasville, on Atlanta's west side) had sleet until 9am then shifted to heavy snow, now lighter but still falling.  That's per my husband's texts, because work has me up in Maine for a couple of weeks.

(The hotel staff here in Maine are amused at the Southerner guest getting accumulations at home before they get it here - 6" or so expected to start Saturday evening-ish.  And the preparation rush-crunch here is the backlog at the shops to get your snow tires put on, not buying up bread and stuff)

Down to 36 at hky airport and the snow is finally mixing back in w/ the rain. Very very wet snow, graupel-esk at the moment. This is about the best radar look i've seeen in a long time. The wave aloft over Texas is very amplified and will continue to push the stream of moisture NE. The wave over MN heading south will help to juice up the upper low on the backside and we may see some nice fluffy snow to end this thing tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, SnowNiner said:

Rain and 41 in CLT.  Charlotte sucks for snow.  That is all. 

Congrats to the triad, foothills and mountains.  Hopefully we get a southern Piedmont storm this winter as well. 

Patience, grasshopper. Changeover complete in ATL and almost complete in GSP. Radar returns very healthy to the west and 925s below 0C. This was never going to be more than a nuisance event for us anyways.

• Wow unpinned this topic

Archived