• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BristowWx

• BristowWx
  • team_member.png
  •  
  • 3,129 posts

We brought this one home folks.  Proud to be a part of it.  It looked bleak not that long ago.  Nothing but the crime now.

Remind you of this storm? Seems to be the exact same thing. Only this time, it could trend farther NW for sure. That storm had 1-3" on the models within 1 day of the storm. We've still got multiple runs until that

The 3k is the best NAM unless the 12k is better. Not in this case. 3k all the way!

In all seriousness, the way I’ve seen the 3km play out, out west with my sites in Texas, I’m pretty intrigued. If anything, that qpf shield on 3km is what I thought 12km would show. Further expansion back west to HGR. Incremental upticks further south and east. Euro has precip all the way out to Cumberland. I like the trends. Will be interesting to see how GFS handles the H5 setup. NAM just missed being something really good down here.

Just now, CoastalBecs said:

12k NAM blows. I thought it was going to be great baswd on comments. I was told Leesburg was snow capital of NOVA when I bought a house here.

Edit: 3k NAM is ok

It will keep trending NW. This happens with most noreasters. At most you guys will get .1 or maybe .2" of precip if you're lucky

Updated AFD from Mount Holly-

The system that we have been watching for Friday night and Saturday
is showing better organization today and also a track closer to the
coast. All of the operational models are now showing a good chance
for some accumulating snow across parts of Delmarva and southern /
central NJ for the early part of the weekend. We have adjusted
pops/qpf/snowfall fcsts accordingly. Much of the show will occur during
the 4th period of the fcst, so we`ll hold for any winter weather
headlines for now. Our fcst would align with advisory criteria
snowfall, but with trends continuing to develop, we`ll see the
next set of model runs before deciding which flags are needed
and where. Our snowfall fcst may be conservative considering the
QPF amts being forecasted by some of the models at 12Z.
Temperatures will continue below normal through the weekend.

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Until it becomes confrontational snow...

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Is this when the snow plow guy blocks your driveway after you just spent an hour clearing it out?

No -- confrontational snow is:

confrontational /kənˈfrʌnʃən·nəl/ adj 

1) Likely to provoke extreme inter-forum jealousy and squabbling between the haves and have-nots

2) Expecting general distance between fringed and jackpot of less than 75 miles

3) Anticipating greater than 30% of the MA forum organizes with pitchforks to visit PSU after he posts deck pics

4) High percentage opportunity for weenie soul reapings

Personally, I'm hoping the west trends continue so everyone can get in on at least some snow TV. ANY kind of flakes this early is a win based on the past couple of years!

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

In all seriousness, the way I’ve seen the 3km play out, out west with my sites in Texas, I’m pretty intrigued. If anything, that qpf shield on 3km is what I thought 12km would show. Further expansion back west to HGR. Incremental upticks further south and east. Euro has precip all the way out to Cumberland. I like the trends. Will be interesting to see how GFS handles the H5 setup. NAM just missed being something really good down here.

3k looks sweet.

3-6 from NW to SE through the corridor verbatim.

3k looks sweet.

3-6 from NW to SE through the corridor verbatim.

I just looked at that myself. It would be a pretty solid early season event. Idk if we’ll get those kind of numbers (Although we very well could), but I’m keeping expectations in check. Coating to an inch out my way is the hope. You’d have a better shot at more. You gotta be low key planning on breaking out the good beer just in case ;)

Archived