joxey
December 8/9 wave

psuhoffman

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

How does it compare to yesterday 12z

It's not as good as yesterday but it was really tucked in to the coast yesterday. Looks like current run would be possibly 1-3 inches, if it can accumulate, across the area. However, it looks like it would take a huge shift for anything more significant for that. Ukie has all the heavy precip wayyyy out over the ocean.

Just now, osfan24 said:

It's not as good as yesterday but it was really tucked in to the coast yesterday. Looks like current run would be possibly 1-3 inches, if it can accumulate, across the area. However, it looks like it would take a huge shift for anything more significant for that. Ukie has all the heavy precip wayyyy out over the ocean.

That heavy precip is rain so it's not a good apples to apples on the cold side of the storm. Relatively fast mover too so top end is prob .5" qpf near I95 from how it looks right now. 

Euro's very high resolution prob isn't going to broad brush the nw edge like the gfs/ukie. If it shows .1 west of 95 I would say that things are looking pretty good. The edge is going to be tight between .5" and zero no matter what. I'm sorta optimistic that the euro puts me in the .1+ range based on everything the 12z suite has shown so far. 

Busy painting in the basement and it looks as if I missed all the fun with the GFS run. Trends look good from what little I see. Might have to start looking at temp profiles though. If this were to verify I would not be surprised to see people to the west get light rain/showers while those to the east get snow because of better rates to help overcome the lower levels. Of course another shift west of 50 miles or so and maybe everybody gets to enjoy snow.

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Busy painting in the basement and it looks as if I missed all the fun with the GFS run. Trends look good from what little I see. Might have to start looking at temp profiles though. If this were to verify I would not be surprised to see people to the west get light rain/showers while those to the east get snow because of better rates to help overcome the lower levels. Of course another shift west of 50 miles or so and maybe everybody gets to enjoy snow.

DC sounding looks pretty good @ 1pm Sat. Below freezing just off the deck and 35 at the surface works. It's pretty cold 925/850 etc. I don't think there would be sprinkles anywhere on the western edge honestly. 

oHtEXqk.png

Archived