Weathernoob335
December 8/9 wave

psuhoffman

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CentralNJwx said:

nam3km_asnow_us_61.png

3k NAM, enjoy this before the 12z GFS comes out and gets everyone's hopes down again!

Levi added two new snow accumulation methods to the NAM nest graphics on TT, and they're both far more representative of what the model is really doing than this "older" one.       Those both get the DC area on the board and still have decent amounts further east, but they're far less generous than the map above.

2 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Hurts out this way, but we need snow.. anyone gets some.. it is a win for all! And I have been blessed out this way many times when others were not.. so I should not complain.. I mean I will.. but I should not!

I predict the GFS will come further NW just not as far and just cut off east of 95..which is good for our eastern crew...maybe even Jeb.  the cut off is nasty regardless like I could drive to the Harris Teeter and see snow 3 miles from house to the SE

5 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Hurts out this way, but we need snow.. anyone gets some.. it is a win for all! And I have been blessed out this way many times when others were not.. so I should not complain.. I mean I will.. but I should not!

:wub:

(last short response...post of the day=5 minutes ago!)

4 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

I agree...I just want to see something produce in our area.  It would be a good sign for this to be an overachiever..which imo means 1-2" to the 95 corridor.

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

I predict the GFS will come further NW just not as far and just cut off east of 95..which is good for our eastern crew...maybe even Jeb.  the cut off is nasty regardless like I could drive to the Harris Teeter and see snow 3 miles from house to the SE

The NAM has been the outsider the whole time.  The GFS has been rock solid.  I fully expect it to hold serve.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Anyone know what the UKMet did last night? There was a lot of talk about the 12z run yesterday and it seemed out on an island by itself. What did 0z show?

Looks similar to what the 6z nam spit out. Sig jump east and much lower precip totals from the previous run though. 

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

He's been a Debbie Downer the last 2 days.

And you've not given up on this one.  I was surprised you didnt fold a couple days ago.  

this should be named after you.  Not sure what your glass is half full of....but i'll take one :)

Archived