SnowHabit
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stormlover74 said:

Very similar to 18z

Yeah pretty much model noise. Low was actually a bit faster this run, but a better backside as a result of the deeper Northern Stream vort saved the day. NYC still sees 0.50+ liquid equivalent.

9 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

The partial phase with the arctic disturbance will pull moisture nw

I think the Storm Tracking category by Sacrus shows this well.  To the west is a dark line that progresses east and begins to tilt NW to SE.  If this phases correctly, it should pull it all back in over the NE, or is this just wishful thinking.

8 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

All models now depict a large deform band well NW of the cities, I think all are in good shape

Yeah that band keeps showing up stretching from Philly up through North Jersey, lower Hudson Valley, western Connecticut, and up to Worcester. 

This is an anafront to a degree so the moisture you see right now is associated with the front. Once the coastal gets going the CCB snows will break out, you will see that come post-2-3am and into day/evening tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, ALEXA said:

Looking at the radar it looks like everything will be south and east of nyc.

3 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

I think the Storm Tracking category by Sacrus shows this well.  To the west is a dark line that progresses east and begins to tilt NW to SE.  If this phases correctly, it should pull it all back in over the NE, or is this just wishful thinking.

To me it already look like it’s phasing. Look at the precip developing in West Virginia.

1 minute ago, dmillz25 said:

To me it already look like it’s phasing. Look at the precip developing in West Virginia.

We should see it blossom pretty dramatically in the early morning over VA and pivot north as the next southern stream batch of energy rounds the bend and interacts with the northern stream. The snow will hang back for a while tomorrow night as well (light snow) from the northern stream upper level low pivoting through. A little better timing and this could’ve been a monster. But we’ll definitely take a 4-7” snow event in early December. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

We should see it blossom pretty dramatically in the early morning over VA and pivot north as the next southern stream batch of energy rounds the bend and interacts with the northern stream. The snow will hang back for a while tomorrow night as well (light snow) from the northern stream upper level low pivoting through. A little better timing and this could’ve been a monster. But we’ll definitely take a 4-7” snow event in early December. 

Yes we do take. 

Small evolutions aloft at 500mb will make for significant changes at the surface. More interaction 50 miles either way aloft means a storm developing in time and curling north, or a boot east and flatter system. There's still time for the much more amped outcome like the UKMET to happen. 

Yes. So many people do not realize how close we truly are to a rather significantly stronger storm. Aloft, it's a matter of a couple hours.

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:
On 12/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, jm1220 said:
Small evolutions aloft at 500mb will make for significant changes at the surface. More interaction 50 miles either way aloft means a storm developing in time and curling north, or a boot east and flatter system. There's still time for the much more amped outcome like the UKMET to happen. 

Yes. So many people do not realize how close we truly are to a rather significantly stronger storm. Aloft, it's a matter of a couple hours.

This system to me just favored ever so slightly a bullish outcome. How many times have we seen a more amplified outcome in the final 48 hours before an event the last 3-4 winters, and a relatively slight amount more interaction aloft resulted in a nice jump west. Both pieces of energy are quite energetic, would've resulted in a beast with a little better timing. But a beast that would've probably tracked inland. 

Archived