Newest Member
    joxey
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, swamplover56 said:

Well just much less accumulation than 20 miles south of there and less accumulation than 20 miles north of there not saying a shutout by any means but interesting to see northern Monmouth having nearly double than the gfs for the city. Just an observation

Since the GFS upgrade...Its been bad with temps (too high), along the coast and around the city...It looks like its snowfall maps are gonna be off now too for the same area...Use its QPF to estimate snow not its snow maps.

1 hour ago, Rittenhouse said:

From Upton:

The new SREFs seem to support the NWS view in that discussion of fronto banding developing over the city and to the east of it. If that actually happens, areas to the NW of NYC may underachieve. There’s going to subsidence and dry air entraining to either side of where that frontogenic band sets up, especially on the NW side of it. Like I said before, the highest bust potential is NW of NYC, in particular west of 287. That 2-4/3-5 inches being expected now (Bergen, Rockland, Passaic, Orange) could easily turn into 1-2/1-3 inches instead. It’s going to be a big nowcast tomorrow....

8 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The new SREFs seem to support the NWS view in that discussion of fronto banding developing over the city and to the east of it. If that actually happens, areas to the NW of NYC may underachieve. There’s going to subsidence and dry air entraining to either side of where that frontogenic band sets up, especially on the NW side of it. Like I said before, the highest bust potential is NW of NYC, in particular west of 287. That 2-4/3-5 inches being expected now (Bergen, Rockland, Passaic, Orange) could easily turn into 1-2/1-3 inches instead. It’s going to be a big nowcast tomorrow....

Mt Holly nws is forecasting 1 to max 3 inches in my area. What bust are you referring too exactly.

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

Good luck all. My final guesses:

Central Park 5.4"

JFK: 5.1"

Islip: 6.8"

HPN: 4.5"

Montauk: 4.9"

Upton: 7.2"

BDR: 6.3"

EWR: 5.0"

MMU: 3.6"

Newburgh: 3.2"

Me: 5.5"

Sweet that we are on the same page. Without seeing this I had 5” for wantagh.

i like 4” for nyc and 8” for Upton. I think that mid Suffolk hot zone is the big winner 

Archived