Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Corpus Christi apparently had multiple reports of thunder snow. 

When I was in Austin, the temp went down to around freezing a handful of times in the almost 2 years I was there. Must be crazy to see the snow pasted on all the palm trees down the Gulf coast. 

And a few days after record heat when they hit 87.

RECORD EVENT REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BROWNSVILLE TX 128 AM CST TUE DEC 05 2017 ...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT BROWNSVILLE... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 87 DEGREES WAS SET AT BROWNSVILLE SOUTH PADRE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT YESTERDAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 87 SET IN 2012.

38 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Snow hole kinda setting up over NYC and north east nj I wonder if the models are picking up on banding and setting up a subsidence zone in those areas

From Upton:

Meanwhile, NW zones will be on the edge of
frontogenetic and jet forcing, so there will be subsidence and
dry air to combat, resulting in uncertainty on the expanse of
accumulating snowfall across areas NW of NYC.

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

No joke there, although I've done better in my location than some others elsewhere. Williamsport has been the true screw zone over the past 10 years or so...

The coastal hugger big interior snow dump track as been uncommon with the exception of last March. I can remember how annoyed I was after 3-13-93 and 1-17-94.;)

Out this way, we average 6.76" of snow for the month of December, as per Upton data. This has a shot at getting some in the area very close to that, and before mid month. That's pretty impressive to me, especially when considering the recent inferno Decembers. Lets get some snow on these holiday decorations this year. :santa:

Archived