SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay attention to the upper air pattern over the surface precip panels. The NAM especially overdoes it sometimes. This won’t be a major storm for anyone, maybe it can hit warning criteria in places if it works out with banding and abundant moisture. If I had to guess I’d go with 3-6” from the city east. 

Hi Res Nam is a lot better than the regular Nam

It is also warmer in eastern LI

It all comes down to the upper air and placement of the n/s and its interaction. The trough is not oriented as well as we would like so therefore this is thread the needle situation. As such, solutions back and forth are very likely, especially as our n/s is not fully sampled yet. Deep breath everybody.

39 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It could still whiff if that northern stream system doesn't cooperate. The trough orientation was never ideal, but it's also the Nam. 

What are you stooges talking about ,  H5 is better than 18z 

It's high res looks like the gassed up RGEM 

Bro , you are a hard day after day 

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

And less impressive than 18z.

If you think 3-6 inches is less impressive for a storm that was never meant to be a blockbuster in the first place...then I don’t know what to tell you.  It’s early December and a modest snowfall looks likely for the metro 

2 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

If you think 3-6 inches is less impressive for a storm that was never meant to be a blockbuster in the first place...then I don’t know what to tell you.  It’s early December and a modest snowfall looks likely for the metro 

All I said it was less impressive in comparison to the 18z run. 

Just now, USCG RS said:
6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:
Damn that RGEM gets the R/S line at 48 to almost Sandy Hook

Let's not start this again rgem....*flashes back to blizzard last year that never was*

I think its just picking up on coastal NJ seeing rain.  Coastal NJ with a 020-050 wind is a different world in early December than NYC/LI with a 020-050 wind

Archived