Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Talk about a turn of events, this is probably a plowable snowstorm right up into orange county on Saturday, wow just wow. I didn’t see this coming tbh

Even thought the UKMET is a reliable model, we didn’t really this coming when it had no support from the EURO, GFS, or EPS.  The trend is real though , we’ll see if it shifts further west later tonight 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Gotcha thanks... wonder why nobody else does.. so does the rgem go beyond 48? Or is that still the ggem overlay?

Rgem goes to hour 84, but you could only see that on meteocentre, and click on "meteograms-precip", then click USA. NYC and PHL are the only 2 stations available but you can get a general idea.

It runs to hour 84 on its own. Not GGEM overlay.

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wow, this is kinda off the wall. 

Have an event in NYC from noon until 9 p.m Saturday then have to drive back to Harrisburg. Am I actually screwed on getting home? Never would've thought that as of yesterday. Damn. 

I fear driving in any snow on the PA Turnpike. There tends to be massive crashes, and with the first event possible of the season, get ready for all the newbies and crazies on the road.  If you can wait until a few hours after the snow stops, you're better off. During snowfalls, the turnpike flat out scares me. 

31 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

Even thought the UKMET is a reliable model, we didn’t really this coming when it had no support from the EURO, GFS, or EPS.  The trend is real though , we’ll see if it shifts further west later tonight 

This is one of the types of events where the UKMET can score a coup like we saw on 2-5-16. 

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

I fear driving in any snow on the PA Turnpike. There tends to be massive crashes, and with the first event possible of the season, get ready for all the newbies and crazies on the road.  If you can wait until a few hours after the snow stops, you're better off. During snowfalls, the turnpike flat out scares me. 

Thankfully no turnpike - straight 78/287. Although 78 sucks probably worse than the turnpike ... 

We'll leave pretty early in the morning and should be in the city by 10ish, so I'm not worried about then. I'm terrible at reading times on these models, when does it have the brunt kick in and then move out?

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

This is one of the types of events where the UKMET can score a coup like we saw on 2-5-16. 

It aint a coup anymore since every model except the 15z Srefs and the 12z JMA are on board today.

Would be a coup if the Srefs ended up right with their dry model output at 15z.

44 minutes ago, ag3 said:

It aint a coup anymore since every model except the 15z Srefs and the 12z JMA are on board today.

Would be a coup if the Srefs ended up right with their dry model output at 15z.

With set ups like this the UK can be first and then the other models fall into line.

• Rjay pinned this topic

Archived