Newest Member
    joxey
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ag3 said:

SV Euro snow map is an atrocious tool to use for NYC and LI. Same goes for the NAM ones off SV. They overestimate ocean influence and always underestimate snow.

If you bothered to read my initial post in acknowledged that it was off for Long Island where I said it should be showing 4-8".

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you bothered to read my initial post in acknowledged that it was off for Long Island where I said it should be showing 4-8".

You called off the storm when it was still 60 hours out. You use the Euro way too much (as does Upton and the NWS). Look at dynamics. Ukmet has not wavered one time and it had plenty of support.

Model accuracy inside of 72 hours is not a big difference. Navgem, Euro, JMA, GFS, NAM, Ukmet, etc. all have similar verification scores inside of 72 hours and the spread lessens even more inside of 48 hours.

Ukmet had plenty of support and today the GFS and Euro caved to it.

P.S. This is not done correcting either. Next few runs you will see jet induced precip get stronger in PA and the backside of storm. Surface low will not come much further west. Impossible.

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
18 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:
The Euro shifted too, now I am listening, but we still need to watch to see if this was just an over correction West. 

5a2982e3b9487.png&key=937c921a17f3007de91dc5e44f283c05f179faada9e35167163cbf85761ab03b

I personally dont think we've seen the end of the west trend. Too much of a good thing? Maybe, who knows yet.

Great 850s The track is perfect. .5 to .75 in spots east 

It's a lot of 3 to 6s 

Just now, ag3 said:

You called off the storm when it was still 60 hours out. You use the Euro way too much. Look at dynamics. Ukmet has not wavered one time and it had plenty of support.

Model accuracy inside of 72 hours is not a big difference. Navgem, Euro, JMA, GFS, NAM, Ukmet, etc. all have similar verification scores inside of 72 hours and the spread lessens even more inside of 48 hours.

Ukmet had plenty of support and today the GFS and Euro caved to it.

P.S. This is not done correcting either. Next few runs you will see jet induced precip get stronger in PA and the backside of storm. Surface low will not come much further west. Impossible.

I never called off anything. I posted a scientific argument for why I didn't feel the pattern supported a significant system. I even said there could be a few inches of snow on LI and I stand by that. 

And if I end up being wrong, I will be the first to say it, but nothing is certain yet.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

I never called off anything. I posted a scientific argument for why I didn't feel the pattern supported a significant system. I even said there could be a few inches of snow on LI and I stand by that. 

And if I end up being wrong, I will be the first to say it, but nothing is certain yet.

H5 has changed today to a dynamic and phasing system. This is likely not done correcting wetter. 18z and 0z will be telling.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

I doubt anyone West of the Hudson river sees more than 4" and I still am weary that this was an over correction.

You need more than 2 to4 ? 4 hours ago you were convinced this was a complete non event.

3 to 6 on the coast.

3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Euro drops the accumulation all the way up to me lol... last min shifts.. Bernie rayno nailed it.. just sayin

Talk about a turn of events, this is probably a plowable snowstorm right up into orange county on Saturday, wow just wow. I didn’t see this coming tbh

4 minutes ago, ag3 said:

No. GGEM backed off at 0z and at 6z it had ZERO.

KING UKMET AND NAVGEM.

The ggem doesn’t run 06... it’s the rgem out to 48 and then 00z ggem is processed into data.. ggem only runs 00/12z

so technically ggem had 1 run where it went OTS..besides UKIE and navgem, it’s been the most overall consistent, and UKIE went OTS last night too

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Talk about a turn of events, this is probably a plowable snowstorm right up into orange county on Saturday, wow just wow. I didn’t see this coming tbh

I saw the possibility... as did NOAA.. anyone that read uptown AFD Last couple days they were skeptical of the small precip shield on the NW side 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived