• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah really the past 3-4 winters it has been my go-to in the shorter term. It got that excellent upgrade in 2012 or 2013 and since then, it has been a very good model. Still has its issues from time to time, hasn't 100% shook its occasional penchant for QPF bombs...but it's prob the best model of any for thermal profiles...esp lower levels...and seems to do well picking out banding. 

This times a 100, also if you want to pick out freezing rain pockets, none better. So many times we here of surprise ice storms when the RGEM nailed it but for some reason around New England, Mets don't use it

41 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s awesome Ginx. I need a weenie dog. My two bostons shake at the sight of snow or the feel of cold. Great dogs but now that I have a house with 2 acres, I may need a husky or a rot....a beast I can play in the man snow with. 

I had a Rottie Lab mix for 19 years, total snow weenie. 

Anyways back on topic. Think I am good here for my 4 to 6 lolly to 8. Radar looks good and latest nowcast models seem to agree.  First snowstorms of the year are always special.  Wonder when the last time all Gulf states had snow to the beach in the same storm?

IMG_20171209_103702.jpg

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I had a Rottie Lab mix for 19 years, total snow weenie. 

Anyways back on topic. Think I am good here for my 4 to 6 lolly to 8. Radar looks good and latest nowcaat models seem to agree.  First snowstorms of the year are always special.  Wonder when the last time all Gulf states had snow to the beach in the same storm?

IMG_20171209_103702.jpg

Think all of CT sees 3-6" and a band or 2 sw to ne sees 7-8"

Archived