• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

44 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Sharper cutoff in snow along the western edge, but still about the same along the coastline.

44 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It sobered up a bit...   a decent look for many

Since MPM and Codfish have been quiet I'll start the QPF fretting.   Lol

We'll see where the 0z runs of the global go but W trend maybe over and maybe we correct slightly E tomorrow? 

Either way ORH county looks like the place to be.  Would love to pull 4" here but 2 may have to do. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The tidbits 10-1 snowman already has PVD/TAN area at 6” at 48...and still a ways to go

Yeah here's the QPF...but it's def not done yet...it's still got several hours to go from this point...and prob best not to be a QPF queen on the western gradient since the RGEM depcition would very likely have a good banding sig to the west:

Dec8_00zRGEM.jpg

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Since MPM and Codfish have been quiet I'll start the QPF fretting.   Lol

We'll see where the 0z runs of the global go but W trend maybe over and maybe we correct slightly E tomorrow? 

Either way ORH county looks like the place to be.  Would love to pull 4" here but 2 may have to do. 

I’m counting on the Ukie to help to the west.  S ORH county might be better than N.   Deformation band might help both you and I 

1 minute ago, ajisai said:

There's at least an inch in San Antonio already. I'm from Houston and lived in Austin and San Antonio. Social media has all my friends from San Antonio and Austin taking snow pictures while Houstonians are waiting in the rain... Ha.

I lived in San Antonio for a few years between ages 2-6...I remember the Jan 13, 1985 storm there....13.5". I think their next snowiest event is less than half that.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m counting on the Ukie to help to the west.  S ORH county might be better than N.   Deformation band might help both you and I 

Yeah, where the W deform sets up will be key, especially in a quick mover.  

I have fully embraced the mehh brothers tag they gave us, you and MPM have finally pulled me to the dark side.   Lurker and Codfish also know how to run pessimistic, we'll get to powderboy413 by the end of the season.  Lol. 

:rolleyes:

I lived in San Antonio for a few years between ages 2-6...I remember the Jan 13, 1985 storm there....13.5". I think their next snowiest event is less than half that.

Military family?

WOW, the most I've ever seen in any town in TX was an inch. I can't imagine 13.5. Must've been a freak storm.

Just now, ajisai said:

Military family?

WOW, the most I've ever seen in any town in TX was an inch. I can't imagine 13.5. Must've been a freak storm.

My grandfather was. Randolph AFB.

Anyways...yeah, they won't be seeing that again anytime soon. Lol. We're looking good for solid warning though up here in this one for anyone east of the CT river....CT river and west is still a bit iffy.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Seems like general consensus is around 6” here... wonder if that’ll get us a warning 

They'll prob go warning for at least ORH eastward until you get to far SE areas....it's borderline, but first event of the year they tend to go more aggressive on the headlines if the past is any indication.

2 minutes ago, LSC97wxnut said:

Nice, solid snowfall to start the season off with.

Best part is it happens during the day on a weekend.  Will be very nice to look at and give everyone a good reminder of how to drive in it.

I think 6PM-midnight is rocking on Saturday night.

Archived