• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can put this in the 13th thread (pending...) but dimes to donuts we have to go through this same schit re that one, too -

this fast flow ain't goin' no where.. and truth be told, we are probably needle-thread lucky this is happening at all in this no-wiggle room pattern.  

caveat ...tho, is if that thing does come on board as an intermediate stream that pulls the n-stream in that both get involved, that might enhanced the predictive skill a bit despite the high velocity look.

Not sure how this ranks on the scales of west trends for cyclones up in these parts, but this trend west has been quite substantial from my eyes. Albany now on the fringes and will hopefully see our first accumulating event of the season, much like others in traditional New England.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can you quickly exchange an email ?

what... no.

dude, you email him... go on the their channel's web site and drop one in his on-line mail box.   i wouldn't bug him with that kind of bullschit uselessness if i were you  - but i'm not  so... one thing i'm not going to do is bother him about that

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what... no.

dude, you email him... go on the their channel's web site and drop one in his on-line mail box.   i wouldn't bug him with that kind of bullschit uselessness if i were you  - but i'm not  so... one thing i'm not going to do is bother him about that

Oh I thought you guys were friends. You’ve mentioned countless email exchanges over the years 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's like -3C at 950mb...gonna be hard to taint with that. It tries to tickle above -2C for a brief time....but again, 950 is pretty low...gonna need at least 0C there to taint IMHO. I think this system is moving too fast to really bring a lot of taint away from the Cape...maybe for a couple hours on extreme south shore...we'll see. I suppose this could go apesh**....but I'd want to see more evidence for that.

Will I was going to ask about the thermal profiles on the GFS.  Dees it still run warm in the BL?

Archived