• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9, 2017 - Storm Discussion (Breaking the seal on the season for many)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

3-6?

Good confidence for that in our area with the best current guidance...

I'd be surprised if this trends back flat with those pieces of energy... if anything, I wouldn't be shocked to see this tick up more (and even introduce more BL issues for coast).

Wish RGEM was not on concussion protocol.

2 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

What are we looking at for potential start time on Saturday?  Town leaf pickup this Saturday, and I've got 40+ bags to put out.  A few years back it snowed - didn't pick up leaves and then plowed them in.

I'd plan on early sat morning for a start time. 

3 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

What are we looking at for potential start time on Saturday?  Town leaf pickup this Saturday, and I've got 40+ bags to put out.  A few years back it snowed - didn't pick up leaves and then plowed them in.

I'd answer you but I'm on strike two for the day and don't need the :weenie: tag just yet lol

13 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Good confidence for that in our area with the best current guidance...

I'd be surprised if this trends back flat with those pieces of energy... if anything, I wouldn't be shocked to see this tick up more (and even introduce more BL issues for coast).

Wish RGEM was not on concussion protocol.

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Will be interesting to see if the NAM keeps the W trend going, getting closer to NAM usefulness, good to see that most will see a festive Saturday!

I see no reason why the trend NW won't continue, sacrifice my snowfall for the interior, I get the heaviest snows from the miller B snowstorm next week, why do I say that, look at the water vapor imagery, that western ridge is not moving eastward it is either moving west, or stationary

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Watching trends past 48hrs I'm thinking we may get a little tickle even further W.  There isn't really any dynamics, as currently modeled that indicates a kick E.

2-4" to the NY border.  Let the winter begin!  

You have the WAR out to the east so yeah, There is still room to come west, I would prefer a couple more shifts in that direction so if it tics east the last couple runs we will still be good.

Archived