• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

6 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

We are effed up this way. Dry air for the win! Ugh

We are for now.... Looking good for later on tonight though. I think its going to be a situation where there is a very sharp cutoff somewhere just north of 81 though. There definitely should be a wide range of accumulations across the valley though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bent Mountain or Clearbrook areas get 5 or 6 inches out of this. 

1 minute ago, Turner Team said:

We are for now.... Looking good for later on tonight though. I think its going to be a situation where there is a very sharp cutoff somewhere just north of 81 though. There definitely should be a wide range of accumulations across the valley though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Bent Mountain or Clearbrook areas get 5 or 6 inches out of this. 

Good thing is I am closer to that way. Im off exit 137 on 81 if you are familiar.

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Good thing is I am closer to that way. Im off exit 137 on 81 if you are familiar.

Yeah you're definitely in a good spot too. I'm in Cave Spring right behind Cave Spring Middle. Seems like we always do better than other parts on the valley in this type of setup. 

You can see on the CC radar a surge of warmth as the snow vs other line races up to I-85 in the upstate and NE from there to Mooresville area.  Basically, the atmosphere can feel Mack's warmth coming up from Columbia

Looking at the HRRR, it does show this surging warm nose (not to be mistaken with the pre-storm warm bubble) and it hangs in the upstate to CLT corridor until overnight into sunrise unfortunately

The benefactor of this surge will be those just to the north of it who are cold enough for snow, maybe Hickory to Morganton to Winston

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilj4425 said:

I remember when CJ got ridiculed for busting badly when he predicted too much snow. I don’t blame him for being conservative after that. 

My daughter said that chris justice actually got a death threat 2 years ago from someone on facebook when they were forecasting a big storm and we got nothing close to what they were forecasting. Pretty sad to say the least....

I think he does a good job in a really tough area to forecast winter weather.

18 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Same here. Trees are melting now where 1 hour ago was not. Need some banding that should lower the temp .. wind is also picking up

FWIW, this is the exact same pattern we had around ATL this afternoon. The snow will come back in a few hours.

• Like 1