• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

22 minutes ago, Lookout said:

I'm heading to gainesville in a little bit but the latest nam is unbelievably close to all snow even here...at least it suggests a sloppy mix of rain/sleet/snow..or even all snow if it's heavy enough...much of the day.  Never ceases to amaze me how often it comes down to not just one degree here every time. Probably a good sign for much of NE Ga/upstate if i'm this close way down here. 

valid at 18z this afternoon

Is it snowing in Gainesville? Just woke up to rain here lol. 

2 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Is it snowing in Gainesville? Just woke up to rain here lol. 

last observation was at 7:53...rain had just started there but temp is already 37...and it's snowing in dawson caounty. I imagine it will changeover within the next few minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

warm nose right now looks very similar to the hires nam and hrrr from last night. when you have both of them showing the snow line above you it is usually the kiss of death. 

HRRR is looking better and better for Piedmont areas... 

HRRsnow.png

• Like 1

also this should scare you if you have visions of clown maps dancing in your head, models may be underdoing the warm nose (imagine that)

RDU flight observed sounding vs SREF from last night. Notice shallow warm layer from 900-1000mb and the tiny warm nose just before 800mb. It’s as if it was trying to tell us something!

DQhom5IXcAEzOxE.jpg

DQhom5GX4AEwf2I.jpg

4 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

also this should scare you if you have visions of clown maps dancing in your head, models may be underdoing the warm nose (imagine that)

RDU flight observed sounding vs SREF from last night. Notice shallow warm layer from 900-1000mb and the tiny warm nose just before 800mb. It’s as if it was trying to tell us something!

DQhom5IXcAEzOxE.jpg

DQhom5GX4AEwf2I.jpg

To the surprise of no one who follows snow storms in our region.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

DQhom5IXcAEzOxE.jpg

DQhom5GX4AEwf2I.jpg

Forget all the maps, forecasting and projections.  That is as true as it gets for my area.  If that does not erode it's game cancel.