• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Thats a valid point, but curious as to why it's doing that.

because we are getting closer to the event and we are at the max range of the hrrr. if it keeps trending warmer everyone hoping for the clown maps to verify better temper their expectations quickly. have seen this song and dance many times.

5 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Anyone know where to get latest GSO balloon info from

Not me.  What do think the Triad region will end up with?  I'm guess 1-3 from SE to NW.  I don't think the weather service is going to budge until they get obs of accumulating snow in the area.  It's hard not to think that heavy rates will allow it to accumulate somewhere in the area and that dusting to 1/2 they are calling for will bust.  (I THINK)

2 minutes ago, packfan98 said:

Not me.  What do think the Triad region will end up with?  I'm guess 1-3 from SE to NW.  I don't think the weather service is going to budge until they get obs of accumulating snow in the area.  It's hard not to think that heavy rates will allow it to accumulate somewhere in the area and that dusting to 1/2 they are calling for will bust.  (I THINK)

Agree 100%. You take all model clown outputs and roll back to 6 to 1 instead of 10 to 1 and you'll still end up with 2 to 3 SE to NW like you stated.

• Like 1

The 18Z GFS showed rain tomorrow with an expanding precip shield to the NW, then gradually changing to snow from west to east overnight and Saturday. That's probably the best scenario at this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of snow tomorrow in NC outside of the mountains. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Poimen said:

The 18Z GFS showed rain tomorrow with an expanding precip shield to the NW, then gradually changing to snow from west to east overnight and Saturday. That's probably the best scenario at this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of snow tomorrow in NC outside of the mountains. 

agreed. as the low cranks offshore the precip should end as light snow showers for most. that is a good start to winter in my book.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, griteater said:

Weird to me that the GFS and Euro globals are warmer than the hi-res HRRR and NAM (GSP to CLT).  It's usually the other way around.  It being flipped would make sense if we had cold air damming....but we don't

* Stands up and flips table *

Looking at the free maps on weather.us for the Euro I see CLT stays below 0C for duration from 700-925mb?  Looks cold to me?