• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

Dont just throw out the RAP with the ptypes. I cant tell you how many times I've seen that model sniff out a warm layer when every other model is good to go. It's showing some very strong lift along 85 from ATL-CLT. We'll see. 

Speaking from experience here. The lowest level is going to be a killer for some..

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

Last January the NAM and the HRRR were great for showing the rain/snow cutoff.  The HRRR wouldn’t budge and it was right. 

Well it looks like this time around, they're diverging. HRRR trending slightly cooler and NAM is trending slightly warmer. HRRR is way better for the Atlanta area than the recent 18z NAM run/

2 minutes ago, LovingGulfLows said:

Well it looks like this time around, they're diverging. HRRR trending slightly cooler and NAM is trending slightly warmer. HRRR is way better for the Atlanta area than the recent 18z NAM run/

I can’t tell really on the 12Z RGEM but it appears to be not as amped as the 18z NAM in your area either.  The ukmet is darn close though.  850 is like -0.4C in ATL the entire event 

13 minutes ago, EmersonGA said:

Looked pretty good to me still.  I woke up this morning on the northern edge of things and now the rain line is creeping up like 2015.

It's still ended up pretty good, but not as good as the initial frames suggested. The QPF in the cold sector dropped off somewhat.

11 minutes ago, griteater said:

I tell you what, my confidence is fairly high that Lake Toxaway is going to see a good wallop of snow from this....hoist the Winter Storm Warnings there Isohume!

9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

It sure is along with the southern facing mountains in SW NC.

Yea, from Henderson to Macon will see a good hit I think.

• Like 1