• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Precip still struggling to make it into VA, better though for WNC

Yea precip just dries completely up, even with the gulf connection.

Edit: Tell you what though, this is a continuing trend here. We are still somewhere around 2 days away. Keeps trying to tilt the trough more and there may be a surprise in the cards.

27 minutes ago, griteater said:

Here are the Charlotte surface observations from the Nov 2000 storm.  It probably won't be this cold, but similar setup relying on precip to cool the lowest warm layer in the atmosphere

9QMvigH.png

6zdFWRP.png

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/2000/us1119.php

That has been one of my favorite analogs this week. Hell, we even played the Vikings that weekend too. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Same here. It's more bullish than the sref which drops 2.5 here. The 6z rgem was a general 2-4. Hopefully that bumps up on the 12z run.

I agree. Southern Plateau is in a better spot for the Friday event than say Maggie Valley. Tables turn for the Saturday event. 

We're going with 2" for Highlands as a middle of the road forecast. 

3 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

It looks like, locally speaking, the rain/snow line runs roughly from Lincolnton to Mooresville. 

Seems like that is the norm. I remember very painfully on the last even seeing WOW talk about how much it was snowing in Mooresville while at my house right on 85 in Concord it was raining. painful

I'm in the upstate of SC (Spartanburg County) - right along I-85...I hope this is an educated question...

What should we be looking for in today's weather pattern to ensure a best-case scenario as the moisture and cool air move in tomorrow?  In other words, do we want temps to maintain, rise or fall today? 

Is it better for dew point to stay low (dry) today so that moisture will cool the air column tomorrow as precipitation starts or would a slow rise in DP be better starting even today? 

So many variables have to be "just right" that I am curious what actual observations today yield best results for tomorrow.

Thanks -

• Like 1