• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

Just now, Jonathan said:

I wouldn't rule out a tick more than token flakes for us, Frosty! Watch this thing jog NW tomorrow. :)

That's my hope, but it's early in the season. So they might catch this one and us next time!! I would like to see a storm where most on the board sees snow...... Hey I love my fellow weather junkies, But I'm really punching the walls hoping on that NW jog. lol :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

That's my hope, but it's early in the season. So they might catch this one and us next time!! I would like to see a storm where most on the board sees snow...... Hey I love my fellow weather junkies, But I'm really punching the walls hoping on that NW jog. lol :D

Same! We need a good old fashioned southern slider then a turn up the coast to give the Raleigh guys a shot too. I always root for everyone, but when it comes down to it, everyone wants it in their own backyard. :lol: 

• Like 1

Taking a look at the euro closer tonight and it looks like mostly snow for Raleigh with some rain mixed in obviously. The sfc temps aren't a huge issue, falling into the lower 30's by the late afternoon/early evening. 850mb temps oscillate from 0c to -2c. It's all going to come down to how amped this thing is once it navigates the MS Valley. If it's closer to the NAVGEM, western NC get's slammed, if it's the euro, eastern NC is the prime spot. With the lack of cold air damming, it's all going to be dependent on SLP/850mb low track and strength.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Wlos 13 call at 6 tonight. Seems very reasonable given where we are. Stated best place is N of I-85 and S of I-40.

6603ec19003ae80cd6038a14e8946983.jpgc21c24391e45070e363fcf1a3375f10d.jpg

Mark I got a feeling some folks just a mile or two from each other are gonna be disappointed. Going to be such a sharp gradient in regards to precip and BL temps. Fine line. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WXinCanton said:

Just curious, what should he have said yesterday?  I'm sure you know there a ramifications being a broadcast met?

He said it was a case of cold chasing the moisture, and that never works out..... This is clearly not the case. He should have been honest about the set-up even though he didn't expect snow from it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

Just curious, what should he have said yesterday?  I'm sure you know there a ramifications being a broadcast met?

Atleast mention the chance, which he did not. There are no absolutes in weather, so when they say "zero" chane of anything, it's annoying and not helpful to the public at all

5 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Mark I got a feeling some folks just a mile or two from each other are gonna be disappointed. Going to be such a sharp gradient in regards to precip and BL temps. Fine line. 

Agreed! Flakes falling would be a win!! Only flakes I saw last year, was in March! I'll drive an hour up your way to play in snow, may be our only chance!?

6 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Atleast mention the chance, which he did not. There are absolutes in weather, so when they say "zero" chane of anything, it's annoying and not helpful to the public at all

Please tell me about the absolutes.

The mind of a weenie, we all have it. I'm guilty

4 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

Please tell me about the absolutes.

The mind of a weenie, we all have it. I'm guilty

Hey where in Canton are you? I'm on the NW side of Cumming. Looks like you and I will be right on the edge of where the colder temps meet the lightest of precip. What are you thinking for our areas?

2 minutes ago, CummingGaSnow said:

Hey where in Canton are you? I'm on the NW side of Cumming. Looks like you and I will be right on the edge of where the colder temps meet the lightest of precip. What are you thinking for our areas?

Hickory Flat area.  We need QPF and precip to come NW vs current guidance.  I would go with a car topper or deck dusting with what we have now, we are on the edge of a very sharp precip cutoff.  

2 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

Hickory Flat area.  We need QPF and precip to come NW vs current guidance.  I would go with a car topper or deck dusting with what we have now, we are on the edge of a very sharp precip cutoff.  

I know it sucks. I really hope I don't have to end up driving south (of all places) to see the first accumulating snow. I've heard people on here say the models tend to not throw precip back far enough NW in these type situations so if they're right and our thermal profiles look good (which they do, especially as far NW as us), game on! Fingers and toes crossed!

9 minutes ago, WXinCanton said:

BTW Hickory Flat is in SE Cherokee right? Could be Cherokee is where there is a tight gradient. You and I might score and someplace like Waleska gets almost nothing. One thing's for sure, I work friday but productivity will be at a bare minimum lol. It's awesome to have a threat this early.

Nam run should be initializing soon. The thing that killed us today was that darn bowling ball that drops out of Minnesota. I believe HKY and myself caught this around the 57-66 hr Mark. Keep an eye on that as to how telling the run will be for tonight’s 0z run, along with the orientation of the trough axis. Two indicators if this thing goes the right or wrong way on us.

• Like 2