• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The December to Remember 7th-8th blue turd winter threat thread.

lilj4425

5 minutes ago, philconnors said:

Would a trend to the NW appear to be in order as we get closer? We see that a lot. Climo is just so against this happening verbatim. Hard to buy in. But as some have said, absolute classic setup.

I would say yes imo. You see each model run a lot of key ingredients are coming together to indicate more of a shift to a westward component. Like I said earlier, GFS is on an island. Sometimes in these instances, the GFS has problems handling these types of storms and is always farther southeast than what ultimately comes to fruition.

Just now, NCSNOW said:

Thinking alot about the December 2009 storm that fell about a week before Christmas. Very similar setup. saw slop and no accum, drove 10 miles NW and 4 inches on ground . Thats not exageration eitheir. saw clear heavy slush and rain, occasionally white fall.

This event is very different than Dec 2009. It reminds me more of this January system to be honest. 

1 minute ago, tramadoc said:

Is it a NW trend or is the precipitation field expanding NW? That is the question.

Both. I think future frames will correlate and show with the Gulf wide open the way it is progged that in turn there will be more moisture influx. The tilt of the trough really helps and benefits the trend NW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

The 12z RGEM is a whopping seven degrees colder at the surface than the NAM at 48.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the RGEM surface temps. It has a known cold bias and in events like this the NAM usually does the best in the short range.