• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 8-16 Clipper Regime

Hoosier

Spoke too soon.  Just had a nice burst of moderate snow the last ten mins.  Picked up a few tenths quite quickly.  Started as some snow pellets mixed with fat and wet dendrite composites, and then transitioned to a nice rain of dendrites.  Winding down now.  Short but sweet, and on the board for the season.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snowing pretty good here.

Dang this really bites... I was so looking forward for a good 2"-3" of snow tonight, but no the dang troph had to move. So, now it's looking like here in Northern Illinois isn't going to have a white Christmas

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Yeah the HRRR is painting less than an inch around here. Would be similar to Wednesday’s non-event. 

But hey... north Atlanta will probably have close to a foot by tomorrow morning! You know it’s going to be an interesting season when the southern states get a blockbuster before the northern states even get a synoptic flake! 

I live in Fulton Illinois and we're only supposed to get maybe 1" of the white stuff here

1 hour ago, Snowman69 said:

Dang this really bites... I was so looking forward for a good 2"-3" of snow tonight, but no the dang troph had to move. So, now it's looking like here in Northern Illinois isn't going to have a white Christmas emoji319.png

Hehe I wasn't aware Christmas changed to December 9th this year :huh:. Plenty of time for white Christmas in N IL. Trough will be relaxing.

Burst of heavier snow....near whiteout for a few minutes...came through ne Indpls area about an hour ago.  Enough to cover the roads and whiten the grass.  Snowing lightly now.  First true snow of the season here except for some mood flurries earlier.  Will enjoy watching whatever banding and squalls set up in the LES region to my north later today.

48 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

!/2 in. so far.  Waiting on the backside see if we can get a good NNW fetch off of the lake this afternoon.  HRRR is pretty bullish on 4-6 all the way to almost Kokomo.  May be pull another inch or two.  It's something to talk about anyway lol:weenie:

It looks like if you can get in the path of one of the squalls translating from the lake, you could pick up a very quick inch or more along with some whiteout conditions.

48 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

At 2 p.m. EST band pivoting nicely from South Bend se to Warsaw down to Wabash and on eastward.  Good luck at Huntington Butch.

Thanks. Yep, currently getting hammered. Low visibilities, large dendrites, at least an inch an hour rates if not more.

A solid inch, maybe a bit more, on the east side of Fort Wayne today. NAM did a pretty good job. It has been snowing the entire day, with occasional rapid, fluffy flakes. Although a 6"+ storm would have been exciting, this was just enough to make things look festive without causing too many problems.  

Archived