Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid-Atlantic snow totals for winter 2017/18

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting, Midlo!

if you are new the forum, at the end of the winter season I map our areas snow totals. I have a list of members lat/long coordinates for locations. If you’d like to be part of our end of the winter snowfall total map, please send me your coordinates so you can be included! Does not need to be your exact location; the center of town, park down the road, whatever works for you. I assure you I am not using coordinates to figure out where people live. 

If you’ve moved, @leesburg 04 ... please send me update coordinates! 

Heres to a much more exciting map than last year ;) 

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Thanks for starting, Midlo!

if you are new the forum, at the end of the winter season I map our areas snow totals. I have a list of members lat/long coordinates for locations. If you’d like to be part of our end of the winter snowfall total map, please send me your coordinates so you can be included! Does not need to be your exact location; the center of town, park down the road, whatever works for you. I assure you I am not using coordinates to figure out where people live. 

If you’ve moved, @leesburg 04 ... please send me update coordinates! 

Heres to a much more exciting map than last year ;) 

Winter snowfall total maps for the region? Now we are talking. Definitely is starting to feel like winter in here.

Think we can talk you into using all the pretty colors to signify the 3 to 4 feet we will enjoy this year?

28 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Winter snowfall total maps for the region? Now we are talking. Definitely is starting to feel like winter in here.

Think we can talk you into using all the pretty colors to signify the 3 to 4 feet we will enjoy this year?

I’ve made a map every year for the last few. Pretty sure I included your area last year. 

12/9: 3.5”

12/14: T

12/26: 0.5" + ice

12/30: 0.5"

1/4: 0.5"

1/8: Glaze of ice on all surfaces, decent ice event.

1/17: 1", surprise snow

1/30: T

2/5: T + big icicles on power lines and trees, lots of glazing, great ice event.

2/17: 2.5" of sopping wet snow.

3/7: 0.7" of fat snowflakes. One of the most fun this season.

3/21: 4.3", great storm, albeit a little underpeforming.

Total: 13.5”

Lat/Long: 39.146097, -77.170441

Archived