• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

May get a sneaky couple/few inches early tomorrow morning as the band sinks south before dissipating, both the rgem and hi Rez Canadian have about 1/4” liquid in a very short period of time..

Yeah, so does the Euro but man, when there's an established band going steady state for a long period of time, its tough to move. We witnessed this the other evening, when it was like watching paint dry, waiting for that band to drop, lol.
Also, there was quite a bit of talk about a warm -up, relatively speaking, for the upcoming Holiday week, but according to today's 12z suite so far, excluding the Euro, is warm half of Monday and all of Tuesday then we go back the other way, that is, If the GFS comes to fruition. Last night's Euro however, was definitely warmer that's foe sure so..... Perhaps today's 12Z Euro will follow suit and head the other way.
Next tuesday-wednesday time-frame looks interesting, as some have alluded to, but it might as well be light years away because no way the GFS is gonna pick up where a Lake Ontario band will be, from 12 hrs out, let alone 5 days, but it does look interesting.
Just hoping our snowpack doesn't get wiped out by Monday and Tuesdays warmth that's forecasted. The Euro was the warmest with highs approaching 60F in NYC, 50's KBUF and upper 40's CNY with the North Country, a bit cooler.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm heading to Holiday valley super early tomorrow to cash in on some freshness and the decent snowpack we have.  After this weekend it looks like several warmups will really ice things up with no end in sight through 10 days.  Lets just hope that snowfall map for tonight comes to fruition as Ellicottville is supposedly in line to get 8-12, that would be pretty sweet.  

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I'm heading to Holiday valley super early tomorrow to cash in on some freshness and the decent snowpack we have.  After this weekend it looks like several warmups will really ice things up with no end in sight through 10 days.  Lets just hope that snowfall map for tonight comes to fruition as Ellicottville is supposedly in line to get 8-12, that would be pretty sweet.  

I think I'm going tomorrow too. We should meet up. We're looking at a house at 930 should be down there by noon.

1.8" overnight. weeklies look pretty bad for January. Western Trough eastern ridge.

This is precisely why I hate it when the cold comes early because its inevitable it head's the other way most January's. I doubt we see a wire to wire WC trough, EC ridge pattern though, but I guess we'll see. Long Range forecasting is a crap shoot, as everything looks and looked great for a cold and snowy Northeast, SST configuratiin looked great, weak La Nina and a Easterly QBO with a solar min, all pointed to a colder than average winter, but nothing is every etched in stone when it comes to the Weather, lol!

Last nights event was no different, band stayed just to the north all afternoon/evening, daily total 10” about 4 miles north but 3.5”-4” in Fulton and not much south, that’s why I’m looking at houses several miles north of the city lol

We're looking in between the Mexico area and Pulaski as that is usually ground Zero for most events.
They should be able to cut Oswego County in half when it comes to forecasting LES because the whole County is under a LES warning.and we'll be lucky to see a couple inches as the band sags South tomorrow morning some time. They usually cut Cayuga in half If the Northern half is expected to see snow but not Oswego.

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

We're looking in between the Mexico area and Pulaski as that is usually ground Zero for most events.
They should be able to cut Oswego County in half when it comes to forecasting LES because the whole County is under a LES warning.and we'll be lucky to see a couple inches as the band sags South tomorrow morning some time. They usually cut Cayuga in half If the Northern half is expected to see snow but not Oswego.

Move to Redfield, nothing beats them.

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Off topic but I'm finally taking the plunge in cyber currency. I am starting with $1000, going to diversify in Bitcoin, Litcoin, and Ethereum. Anyone have any experience with trading these? Going to use coinbase. See you guys in 20 years as a millionaire? ^_^

Risky business but certainly intriguing.  I've been doing well in Canadian pots stocks over the last year (Some American companies too, but its far less certain with this horrible administration).  Thats another market ripe for explosive growth.  I had a stock up 200 percent over the last couple weeks. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Off topic but I'm finally taking the plunge in cyber currency. I am starting with $1000, going to diversify in Bitcoin, Litcoin, and Ethereum. Anyone have any experience with trading these? Going to use coinbase. See you guys in 20 years as a millionaire? ^_^

Or out $1000, lol!

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

Risky business but certainly intriguing.  I've been doing well in Canadian pots stocks over the last year (Some American companies too, but its far less certain with this horrible administration).  Thats another market ripe for explosive growth.  I had a stock up 200 percent over the last couple weeks. 

Yeah, once American legalizes it I think we can expect an insane return on investment for the larger companies involved in it. I'm going to have to look into that for Canada in the meantime.

58 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

1.8" overnight. weeklies look pretty bad for January. Western Trough eastern ridge.

Oddly the CPC just came in with bn temps for early January...I would say the weeklies are judging too hard on the southeast ridge, we stay on the northern periphery of the ridging and the colder side of any boundaries that set up...also Cohen has been all over a SSW within the next ext couple weeks which would bring arctic air the second half of January,  IMO things are looking pretty good going forward. 

36 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Oddly the CPC just came in with bn temps for early January...I would say the weeklies are judging too hard on the southeast ridge, we stay on the northern periphery of the ridging and the colder side of any boundaries that set up...also Cohen has been all over a SSW within the next ext couple weeks which would bring arctic air the second half of January,  IMO things are looking pretty good going forward. 

Yeah I wouldn’t trust anything beyond week 3 for weeklies. Also love these forums thanks for that detailed response southbuffalo! 

I think the band this afternoon goes through pretty quickly. 2-4” 

18 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

30-45 mins tops

Consider yourself lucky if you pickup 2” from this. This band is absolutely booking it... such a shame we couldn’t even get a few hours of this as it could drop a foot in a few hours but instead this thing is going to absolutely cruise through here. Over Niagara Falls at 5pm, and will be over Ellicottville by 8-9pm...

18 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Consider yourself lucky if you pickup 2” from this. This band is absolutely booking it... such a shame we couldn’t even get a few hours of this as it could drop a foot in a few hours but instead this thing is going to absolutely cruise through here. Over Niagara Falls at 5pm, and will be over Ellicottville by 8-9pm...

I know just need like 3-4 hours of this and will be happy lol..

Awesome mid-December day on the Niagara Frontier today.  1-2 hours of snow this morning with temps in upper teens added up to a few inches of fluff.  I hiked around UB North/Audubon golf course this afternoon - had steady snow from lake enhancement in advance of the clipper for the last 2 hours of daylight.  And looking forward to the quick burst of heavy snow as the current strong band covering the western half of Niagara County moves south.  No big accumulations, but a very solid winter day.  

IMG_0608.JPG

Archived