Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s ridiculous that metro buff/West Seneca are getting screwed again.  That’s just not right.  

Also, the little lake simcoe band that buffalo weather pointed out is now seeding a band on Ontario quite nicely.  It’s the rare and short lived lake simcoe connection!  We’ll take anything we can get. 

724B5FED-A4F4-4455-A8E9-D7C7AEC7B788.thumb.jpeg.6c80bea569f413ad9db509625ebe64ed.jpeg

Did you see that Huron band? 3-4" per hour in that thing. 

WUNIDS_map?station=WSO&brand=wui&num=6&delay=15&type=C0R&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&showstorms=0&mapx=400&mapy=240&centerx=400&centery=240&transx=0&transy=0&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=0&rand=25218814&lat=0&lon=0&label=you

Wow, that Huron band really is spectacular.  You never really hear much from that area either because its sparsely populated, but they must put up some super respectable rates, ~4in/hr.  Maybe I'll try to chase it someday. 

Also, the Lake Ontario band into the Tug is looking fairly potent and saying what wind shift.   It looks virtually unaffected.  5a308782c05bc_TYX_loop(1).gif.ac5ecbe401cdae112d708983e87a0bc5.gif 

Waiting for this band to really hit is crazy frustrating. I'd be a horrible zen monk.

How did this turn into a tug hill thing? Whenever LP's track over, or north, of us, it drives a w-sw wind event. Woulda been 24 hrs of a north wind event had it gone south. 

Now the band has a life of its own and refuses to drop south. Slow as it goes I guess. Hopefully it will FINALLY come totally ashore and snow hard for 4-6 hrs. 

But damn. It's like water torture!!

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Check out the wind map.  Weird how the south shore is still holding a due west wind while every where else has flipped NW.  Looks like it's finally sinking South...

IMG_4519.GIF

IMG_4520.PNG

With any luck. We get a few hrs of convergence. That's when it snows hardest near me. The models have dropped idea of a meso. But they can't really be forecast. 

I'm pulling sustenance from the fact that NWS and local mets are still calling for 6-13" in northern Monroe. 

Weve had like .25". If I was forecasting this, I'd be nervous.

The band hasn't drifted south yet because:

The Niagara Frontier should fair better than areas to the south, but
there will still be plenty of multibands overnight plus a
contribution from an arctic boundary dropping south from central
Ontario overnight.

It was supposed to occur after midnight which should direct the bands south. But the quickly changing wind directions might cause the bands to be scattered and sheared. The arctic boundary just hit the northern tip of Ontario. 

Archived