SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

About 5" here so far.  Steady snow falling.  As CNY mentioned, you can see the precip shield starting to pivot here in WNY as storm moves east and winds back to NW.  

Which is why I believe that moisture shield will become enhanced from georgian bay, lake huron, and Ontario...I'mtelling you the NWS does not handle  a NW flow with a deparying LP well. And up to 4.8" as of 20 minutes ago in williamsville.

1 minute ago, vortmax said:

Latest snowfall map from BUF:

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

That looks right to me, also look at lake huron on radar already,  LES is ramping up quickly and flow is straight out of the NW not west like our mets have been saying it would be for a good chunk of the day....gust also quickly picking up just west of here in southern ontario.

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

That looks right to me, also look at lake huron on radar already,  LES is ramping up quickly and flow is straight out of the NW not west like our mets have been saying it would be for a good chunk of the day....gust also quickly picking up just west of here in southern ontario.

Actually, this one is old...when I add the latest one, it looks fine in the preview, but then posts the old one when I submit. 

How to you clear your image cache in the profile? Someone mentioned how to do this earlier in this thread...

I just measured 5.0 inches at 7:45 with moderate snow still falling. The wind shift is approaching the western end of Lake Ontario as Lake Huron is already starting to produce lake effect. 

Yeah I don't think there's going to be much of a lull, once this SLP passes as winds Veer quickly to the West Northwest

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Just under 5 inches in kROC as of 9am.  It's pretty heavy and wet.  I havent developed a good system to determine ratios yet but its in the works. 

Cocarahs will send you a free kit with how to do it, which I'm sure you already know how to lol. I had 2.52" in my pack yesterday, likely over 3" with the wet snow overnight. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Cocarahs will send you a free kit with how to do it, which I'm sure you already know how to lol. I had 2.52" in my pack yesterday, likely over 3" with the wet snow overnight. 

You need to buy a rain gauge setup...they sell them. Thats where I got mine. Not that expensive, $31.50 plus shipping.

http://www.weatheryourway.com/cocorahs/store.html

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Wow I didn't see it 200 mile dry slot on any of the models coming this far North?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There were a models/runs showing a lull or dryslot after the front end WAA, which is why I figured a lot of today would have light accums before lake enhancement gets going. We slightly overachieved my thoughts this a.m. as we are up to 5"...so thinking my 8-10" total storm accum is going to be  low as we may get that much tonight and tomorrow.

Archived