SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Most models have shifted the action North of Onondaga County for the remainder of the day and IMO, their wrong, but we all know, in the end, I will be the wrong one:axe:!:axe:!!  And I am sticking to my guns when it comes to the Clipper mid-week as I just cant see a SLP traversing right through the heart of the Great Lakes, especially with a thermally induced trough sitting over the Great Lakes.  Im still sticking with South of the NYS border, closer to KPIT straight East to right off the coase of NJ, Bombs and heads Northeast from there. However, if the PV energy, is the main player on the playing field and its stronger than the energy rounding the base then all bets are off, IMO, but I'm not ready, just yet, to abandon my more Southerly movement of the SLP and 8H850 the next few days. 

The Coastal has to get up into the Maritimes before the Globals catch on.

RGEM agrees!

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

12 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

The band is over Mexico right now but is moving northward at a good clip. Looks like it might not be snowing when you get there but at least there will be fresh snow on the ground. 

yeah I see that, and thats OK, I'll wait till it settles on a 270-265 vector which it should sometime this afternoon.

gfs_pr6_slp_t850_syracuse_3.thumb.png.b154bc5a10a060699ebeec8ef4175fd6.png

Definitely gets to the stadium on the GFS, and nevermind these totals cause their just dubious. 

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

yeah I see that, and thats OK, I'll wait till it settles on a 270-265 vector which it should sometime this afternoon.

gfs_pr6_slp_t850_syracuse_3.thumb.png.b154bc5a10a060699ebeec8ef4175fd6.png

Definitely gets to the stadium on the GFS, and nevermind these totals cause their just dubious. 

Has anyone looked at the radar covering all of wny and southern Ontario??? It appears tge S/W is producing its own light snow that is about to be enhanced NE of lake erie...appears the winds are out of the southwest already and LES /hybrid will be pushing into the metro abd northtowns shortly.

17 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Has anyone looked at the radar covering all of wny and southern Ontario??? It appears tge S/W is producing its own light snow that is about to be enhanced NE of lake erie...appears the winds are out of the southwest already and LES /hybrid will be pushing into the metro abd northtowns shortly.

SN_000-048_0000.gif

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Northern Erie just upgraded to a WARNING!  Forgot I put the fog horn alert on for this one.  Scared the crap out of me!

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 AM EST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Plan on very difficult
  travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches
  are expected in the most persistent lake snows.

* WHERE...Northern Erie and Genesee counties. Greatest snow
  amounts across the Buffalo Southtowns into South Buffalo, and
  extending into southwestern Genesee County.

* WHEN...Noon today to 1 AM Monday. Heaviest snow expected from
  mid afternoon through early evening.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Narrow bands of heavy lake effect snow
  will produce very low visibility and deep snow cover on roads
  at times, leading to very difficult travel conditions.

This midweek system has the chance to completely bury places to the ESE of Lake Ontario with the synoptic snow, then the LE/LES on the backside as it's a blocked system, with a somewhat - NAO so this now gets very, very interesting. It's not like it's 3 days away either, so a substantial jump. Now we wait for the EURO!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

This midweek system has the chance to completely bury places to the ESE of Lake Ontario with the synoptic snow, then the LE/LES on the backside as it's a blocked system, with a somewhat - NAO so this now gets very, very interesting. It's not like it's 3 days away either, so a substantial jump. Now we wait for the EURO!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow my phone has a different account, lol, and I didn't even know! CNY-WXFREAK and CNY-LESWXFREAK are apparently both mine.  I fixed it, I think!

Archived