Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant believe this will be the first winter without Kevin in like 25 years. They screwed him for some of his political views. Guy got himself a name for being very anti global warming. I dont know. I think he made a big mistake making his very right wing political views a part of his public persona. I mean, Rochester loved that guy, but it just became too much. I don't care if you love the Trump contingent, but you gotta be savvy about it in polite society. This isn't the Deep South. Rant over. I'll miss Kevin. Hope he keeps up on Twitter. 

Get ready Max, its on its way and you should be shoveling this morning! Let this band sit over us for 4hrs this morning, and we'll pick up an easy 6" with rates of 1.5"/hr! North opf the Thruway through No Onondaga cty gets pounded this morning for a few to several hrs, IMO!

5a2d10584f612_RAD_KTYX_N0R_ANI(3).gif.34e4bfc696b225834441f5617a6c7ca3.gif

Get that snowblower ready to go, lol!

Most models have shifted the action North of Onondaga County for the remainder of the day and IMO, their wrong, but we all know, in the end, I will be the wrong one:axe:!:axe:!!  And I am sticking to my guns when it comes to the Clipper mid-week as I just cant see a SLP traversing right through the heart of the Great Lakes, especially with a thermally induced trough sitting over the Great Lakes.  Im still sticking with South of the NYS border, closer to KPIT straight East to right off the coase of NJ, Bombs and heads Northeast from there. However, if the PV energy, is the main player on the playing field and its stronger than the energy rounding the base then all bets are off, IMO, but I'm not ready, just yet, to abandon my more Southerly movement of the SLP and 8H850 the next few days. 

The Coastal has to get up into the Maritimes before the Globals catch on.

Not sure why my wife has wgrz 2 on this morning but watching their forecast reaffirms they are the worst of the 3 stations in buffalo broadcasting. Their in house model  has todays band SOUTH of the stadium...either they're on to something or they should have a 3rd party company come in to do their weather reports going forward. 

4 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I cant believe this will be the first winter without Kevin in like 25 years. They screwed him for some of his political views. Guy got himself a name for being very anti global warming. I dont know. I think he made a big mistake making his very right wing political views a part of his public persona. I mean, Rochester loved that guy, but it just became too much. I don't care if you love the Trump contingent, but you gotta be savvy about it in polite society. This isn't the Deep South. Rant over. I'll miss Kevin. Hope he keeps up on Twitter. 

He has a face book page Dave. He is on Facebook live every weekday at 5 doin the weather.

Just made it into the squall. It's snowing nicely right now but it won't last for long. :mellow:   The band setting up behind this looks like it will be north of here. IMG_0010.thumb.JPG.b9d09e7653f01a891b84de364379e4fe.JPG

Yep, as usual, the models are horrific with placement, always 4 miles to our North but this morning's band wasn't supposed to get to Syracuse but it did. Oh well, it gotta come South with the AF but the shaft zone is well in play, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Gonna go grab a Christmas tree later in Mexico, so perhaps I can get in the band for a bit! So sad but at least we don't have to drive far to see 2"/hr snowfall, lol!

It looks like the band will be setting up between Central Square ad Parish, at least initially so you will be driving through it. Are you going to Granger's and cutting your own?  Should be fun in the snow and the right mood for Christmas!

It looks like the band will be setting up between Central Square ad Parish, at least initially so you will be driving through it. Are you going to Granger's and cutting your own?  Should be fun in the snow and the right mood for Christmas!

Yep, exactly, and I wont go get a tree unless it's at least cold, and if it's actually snowing, then we take the dog and we have a blast, lol!

8 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yep, exactly, and I wont go get a tree unless it's at least cold, and if it's actually snowing, then we take the dog and we have a blast, lol!

Thunder snow near Oswego with that earlier band!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeBrookins/status/939869975694716928

14 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

The band is over Mexico right now but is moving northward at a good clip. Looks like it might not be snowing when you get there but at least there will be fresh snow on the ground. 

Archived