Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KBGM's afternoon disco sounds interesting.

Boundary layer winds will back to the w/sw in the afternoon and
allow the Lake Ontario snow band to shift to the north. As this
occurs a Lake Erie snow band will develop across wrn and central NY
and lift slowly to the north as well. The influx of cold air aloft
during the afternoon will steepen lapse rates...which when combined
with mixed layer heights around 9-10kt ft will create favorable
conditions for scattered to widespread snow showers...with a few
possibly being quite intense. Winds at the top of the boundary layer
are expected to be around 30-40 kt...which if brought to the surface
in these snow showers could create potentially near white-out
conditions. Snowfall amounts on Sunday and Sunday night could range
from 1-2 inches over the Finger Lakes...an inch or less in ne PA and
possibly 3 to 6 inches in nrn Onondaga/Madison and Oneida counties.
Amounts should remain below Winter Weather Advisory criteria, but if
the forecast changes, headlines may be needed.

12 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Hope you guys get a nice hit tomorrow. Would be nice to see on tv. Anyone care to chime in on potential for south shore later in week. Looks like a big event

It virtually snows from tomorrow through friday in one form or another for the whole South Shore to the Northern Tug Hill.  The Euro was a complete snow bomb at 12Z!

ecmwf_tsnow_KU_syracuse_41.thumb.png.f87ee2b5d5f92a4906fb8700c42770d7.png

That's ten days above

Here's a 5 day total, KU method which takes into account ratios.

5a2c8c5c706b0_ecmwf_tsnow_KU_syracuse_21(1).thumb.png.328dc4bc9b04f61976fa1114b0907131.png

and here's 3 day totals. I think the Euro is a pretty good model within 3 days too, so I'd be pretty confident that the board sees nice snows the whole week, lol. Can the Euro be wrong, yes it can but how bad can it be within 3 days?

5a2c8d590f2a9_ecmwf_tsnow_KU_syracuse_13(1).thumb.png.b803eedd691b6deba058789be299ae93.png

3 days totals of 10" for KFZY and by the end of the week, close to 2' so I'm pretty confident someone gets pounded!

Just drove back from Baltimore with the family as my middle child had a gymnastics meet out there...left at 7am to zero precip and that was a great decision as we beat the storm before it arrived, of course 2 to 4 inches isn't much per our standards but it would've caused headaches there! As for tomorrow's LES I would be extremely interested to see if the game might actually have a delay if the snow comes down at 2 or 3 inches an hour. As for the Tuesday Wednesday storm I'm hoping for a nice 4 to 8 inch storm area wide which would put me, in Williamsville,  around a foot on the ground due to Friday mornings LES. 

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Just drove back from Baltimore with the family as my middle child had a gymnastics meet out there...left at 7am to zero precip and that was a great decision as we beat the storm before it arrived, of course 2 to 4 inches isn't much per our standards but it would've caused headaches there! As for tomorrow's LES I would be extremely interested to see if the game might actually have a delay if the snow comes down at 2 or 3 inches an hour. As for the Tuesday Wednesday storm I'm hoping for a nice 4 to 8 inch storm area wide which would put me, in Williamsville,  around a foot on the ground due to Friday mornings LES. 

Yeah, I was wondering too about whether the game could be delayed. Anything over 2”/hr I would think you’re just looking at white on the tv.  And it would accumulate faster than they could keep track of yard lines.  That said, I’m not aware of any game ever being delayed for snow, in BUF or anywhere else.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Yeah, I was wondering too about whether the game could be delayed. Anything over 2”/hr I would think you’re just looking at white on the tv.  And it would accumulate faster than they could keep track of yard lines.  That said, I’m not aware of any game ever being delayed for snow, in BUF or anywhere else.  

It wont be the first time and it wont be the last, at least for KBUF!

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/11/buffalo_snow_the_nfl_has_a_history_of_postponing_games_because_of_weather_1.html

Incredible pics!

2 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/11/buffalo_snow_the_nfl_has_a_history_of_postponing_games_because_of_weather_1.html

Incredible pics!

Yeah, plenty of games postponed over the years for snow and other crazy weather. I was thinking though of games in progress that had to delay because of heavy snow.  Not that I want it to happen...but imagine the chaos if a juiced up band dropping 3”/hr moves over the stadium in the 2nd half and stays there for several hours.  75K mostly hammered people navigating their way through that...

5 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Incredible pics!

Only 2 games on that list are directly snow storm condition postponements.  Interesting list.  Postponing a Bills game based on predictions of possible lake effect would be...very un-Buffalo (and very modern day NFL).

Just now, Buffalo Bumble said:

Yeah, plenty of games postponed over the years for snow and other crazy weather. I was thinking though of games in progress that had to delay because of heavy snow.  Not that I want it to happen...but imagine the chaos if a juiced up band dropping 3”/hr moves over the stadium in the 2nd half and stays there for several hours.  75K mostly hammered people navigating their way through that...

It wouldn't be a pretty scene that's for sure, lol, but it could and probably will happen and we will all be watching, if it does, lol!

37 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

This is exactly what I am hoping and planning for.  Truck will have a full tank of gas and tons of supplies.  Bring on the mayhem!

Archived