joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Dry air and low cap. Looks to rise to 10k later this afternoon with a bit more moisture. Tomorrow that band gets pretty close to the southtowns in last few runs. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if the band follows the original forecast and gets into the metro, I have a low confidence on this forecast to be quite honest as so far none of it has panned out untilits actually occurring.

That's looks.great right now, especially wirh such a dry airmass. There's quite a bit of Moist ure to the West just gettingv into KDET so I'd expect it to really get going this evening sometime. I'd be real optimistic right now if I lived anywhere near The City and points South.
Hope you all get buried

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

That's looks.great right now, especially wirh such a dry airmass. There's quite a bit of Moist ure to the West just gettingv into KDET so I'd expect it to really get going this evening sometime. I'd be real optimistic right now if I lived anywhere near The City and points South.
Hope you all get buriedemoji944.pngemoji944.pngemoji944.png

I'm really surprised at how organized that band is right now. It looks to finally be consolidating. 

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I hate to see that synoptic moisture quickly drying up on the cleveland radar.  Lets hope she can hold together as the cold air deepens and EQ levels rise.  

Snowfall rate is moderate in depew right now, coworker just went to Williamsville and said rates are the same. It is accumulating but on colder surfaces first 

I'm really surprised at how organized that band is right now. It looks to finally be consolidating. 

You guys are in tip top shape, and I'm happy as the City has been kind of in a rut as of late, so here's to at least a foot to get the season off to a nice start!
This is only the beginning, IMO, of a proonged wintry period, extending into the New Year!

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Wondering if the winds are to strong to get the band consolidating.  Down at the outer harbor right now and it's insane.  Can't even stand in these gusts.  Wave action is incredible!  

IMG_4056.PNG

Band looking healthy again out over lake...curious to see if high end advisory accums in northtowns possible 

8_B4665_E3_3_ADE_40_E7_AFEA_D3398146964_

From my fiance in Williamsville... looks like a couple inches. Snows melting away in a West Seneca.

looking at radar that band is gonna hop right over the closer Southtowns of the city. What a fail. Not even an inch here and I really think we’re gonna miss out on that band as it sinks south, band looks like crap out over the lake.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Low cap, bad moisture, diurnal influences, marginal temps, high winds (shear) Not a good recipe for a strong LES band. Still think Ski Country gets hit hard tonight into tomorrow when all these conditions improve in addition to much higher elevation. 

I mentioned yesterday the temps were marginal. This band has a long way to go to get the accumulations projected for southern Erie.

Archived