SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Photo Thread

nw baltimore wx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumor and took a chance this morning right around sunrise, and believe it or not, after a four year chase, I have finally captured a photo of a snowy owl.  I had to stalk the land owner and promised not to disclose the exact location, but this was taken this morning in MD in an area about 40 minutes from Baltimore.  It's not the best photo because my biggest lens is a 300 mm and I was afraid to get too close to startle him, so there's quite a bit of noise.  Not to mention that it doesn't look too natural sitting on a solar panel, but I am still so stoked!

This has to bode well for our winter!

5a22f67ba09c1_SnowyOwl1copy.jpg.f5c305ee09dca56842cae804350e0388.jpg

On 12/2/2017 at 1:57 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

I heard a rumor and took a chance this morning right around sunrise, and believe it or not, after a four year chase, I have finally captured a photo of a snowy owl.  I had to stalk the land owner and promised not to disclose the exact location, but this was taken this morning in MD in an area about 40 minutes from Baltimore.  It's not the best photo because my biggest lens is a 300 mm and I was afraid to get too close to startle him, so there's quite a bit of noise.  Not to mention that it doesn't look too natural sitting on a solar panel, but I am still so stoked!

This has to bode well for our winter!

Awesome shot!

I had went to Eastern Neck NWR on the Eastern Shore today to hopefully see the Snowy Owl but couldn't find it. Such a beautiful day and great evening light and fog. Will post some photos later. 

13 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Nice sun pics Mappy and Porsche!  And I really like 007's Baby Ruth bar.

I stopped by Centennial Lake this morning and took the lake shot below.  Then turned around and took the barn with the setting moon.  Wish I had had more time.

5a25d7b29c0f4_CentennialLakeSunrisecopy.thumb.jpg.3a5468d4c94eacec660dfd8e96cca198.jpg

love this pic. :wub:

13 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Beautiful, Photoguy! I like your site too. Is that through Zenfolio? I've never heard of that. 

Thanks!

Yeah it is through Zenfolio. I have been back and forth through Zenfolio and Smugmug platforms. Zenfolio is good but I wish there was more control over the site. 

Archived